Deleting News Team incidents

Is there a way of deleting incidents from the “News Team”. I just installed the Neighbors app and there are four News Team post from last year that I want to get rid of.

Good question @Bkhuna! Other neighbors’ posts cannot be deleted, but they can be hidden. When viewing the post, tap the 3 dots in the right corner and select “Hide Post”. Additionally, you are able to customize what types of alerts you receive, here’s how:

1. Open your Ring App
  2. Tap the three-lined icon on the upper-left hand side of your Ring dashboard.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Neighborhood.
  5. On your Settings screen tap Alert Preferences.
  6. Tap Alert Types.
  7. Tap the type of alerts you would like to receive. (Crime alerts, Safety reports, Suspicious activity, Unknown Visitor, Lost pet notices)

Hope this helps!

That’s not the question I asked.

This is about the Neighbors App.

There are posts from something called “News Team” and there is no mechanism to hide them or unsubscribe from them.

I don’t like my start up screen cluttered with junk from the distant past.

1 Like

Sorry about the confusion @Bkhuna. At this time the News Team posts actually cannot be hidden. Thank you for your feedback on this part of the Neighbors app, and consider it shared with our team as a feature request!

So your saying that the ‘news team’ alert that was posted weeks ago & is no longer wanted or relevent, is on my phone and app forever?

Nothing is saved to your phone. It’s on the server only. It’s annoying that you can’t hide or turn it off. So you have to see it when you don’t want to. Hopefully they will change this soon.

1 Like