Dashboard: Unwanted Large "Discover" Image

How do I remove the large “Discover” image from my dashboard? It is currently an image of who knows who’s property that accompanies the feature offer “Motion Verification makes motion detection more accurate.” I am not interested in and do not want it hogging any, nonetheless so much space in my dashboard… this should be in New Features or someplace else where I would opt in to look for such features. Thanks.

7 Likes

Hey @ringamajig. There is not a way to disable the Discover section in the Dashboard of the Ring app at this time. Thank you for this feedback on this section though - I will make sure to pass on this feedback to the appropriate teams for you.

In addition, as we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

3 Likes

No updates on this? I am a new ring user and wow, does this clutter up the dashboard and make the app look like an advertisement and cheap product…

Dear Ring, some of us invested over $1,000 in this ecosystem and are paying an annual subscription. Please clean up you app so that it looks more like a professional, and serious system… Not a constant infomercial ad!

15 Likes

Hi @Pavman. What version of the Ring app are you currently using? Can you provide a screenshot of your Dashboard so we can see where the “Discover” banner is? With the latest update, this should be located to the bottom of your screen as to not prohibit function of the app, but also keep you informed of our latest features.

1 Like

Tom, I truly appreciate your response! Thank you!

Yes, “Discover” is toward the bottom, just above the “set up your device” and “Tale control of your home with modes” banners which i see can br closed.

I would much prefer to have the option to close the “discover” banner as well, you can just email users about your features instead of it constantly being in your face…

Thank you for your consideration.

7 Likes

Please provide a way to dismiss these “discover” notices. It’s fine to provide information about new features at the bottom of the home page, but without a way to remove them, seeing an advertisement for Ring’s Alexa integration (when I have not interest in it) or Ring’s ability to adjust video length (which I discovered months ago) makes the user interface go from “informative “ to “annoying.” If you view the app design as an actual user instead of a developer or marketer, you will understand.

Thanks for a great product and (aside from this) great app!

8 Likes

+1 - Please disable the Discover UI element, no one wants to see it on their dashboard. I am sure the people interacting with it are looking for a way to disable it.

There needs to be a different way than the dashboard to let us know about new features. Maybe use the “What’s New” section of the app?

7 Likes

Well, it’s been over a year and no change. I don’t want to be advertised to or reminded of features I already use, every time I open to app. Please move the “Discover” from the dashboard or make it optional

7 Likes

I paid and am still paying a lot. Get rid of the obnoxious ads! We get it, you want our money. I don’t want ads.

9 Likes

The Discover is the most annoying thing there is. Please Remove it have an option to remove the stupid thing. Nobody cares, its just an alarm system .

9 Likes

Yes please disable this. I’m obviously not the only one annoyed with this discover bar. Just make it easy to acknowledge then disappear. I do not want to enable geofence, but am aware it exist…now go away!

8 Likes

Any updates on this? The discover section is obnoxious.

8 Likes

Another vote to hide or dismiss the discover screen. Also HIDE What’s New when the message has been read. At least get rid of the red button with the count of items. I read everything there is nothing new.

7 Likes

Has this been actioned yet?!

I’ve just purchased the new Pro 2 wired system. Definitely do not appreciate the “Discover” section persisting on the main screen of the app.

There should definitely be a way to dismiss this once it has been read. I want the app on my phone to be as streamlined and unobtrusive as possible.

Please sort this out in an update!

7 Likes

Please, please listen to your paying customers. We are why you are still in business. We don’t want Discover advertising on our paid app.

7 Likes

Please remove “Discover” section from the dashboard! Put it as new notification badge that can be accessed should you want to know about a new feature.

5 Likes

HATE THIS, MAKE IT AN OPTION TO TURN OFF THIS FEATURE. I just installed my third camera and now my cameras have shrunken down to tiny thumbnails two abreast and so now the absolutely obnoxious “Discover” module is 4x the size of the actual dashboard items I want to use. It’s ridiculous. At least make it available to Plus members to turn it off. I already pay for the highest tier of service you offer and have cameras everywhere I possibly could in my home. Not to mention you advertise things at me that I’ve already bought or done (Alexa integration).

6 Likes

YET ANOTHER VOTE to get rid of the annoying and unsolicited “Discover” advertisements on the Dashboard.

This is a very expensive ecosystem of products paid for by your customers who are also paying for your monthly services.

Continuing to leave this on the dashboard just makes Ring look unprofessional and small. Notice that Apple would never be so petty.

This annoyance is almost as intrusive and irritating as Amazon’s “Alexa for your day” feature on the echo show that can’t be dismissed.

Honestly, give us a break.

6 Likes

Googled how to get rid of that monstrosity in my app. Sad to see that there is no way to do so.

5 Likes

+1 Once you’ve read all of the discover articles there is no good reason why you shouldn’t be able to dismiss those notifications and get rid of the tile, we only really need to see that discover tile when there is a new notification. Please get rid of it, it’s pointless and annoying!

4 Likes