Chime scheduling

Would be nice if we could set the chime on a schedule. For example, turn it off when the little one goes to sleep and turn it back on when she wakes.

6 Likes

As a parent who understands how tough it can be to get the kids to sleep, this would be a solid feature.

For now, this can be manually obtained by toggling alerts off under the Chime’s linked device section in the app, but would have to be done each night and toggled back on in the morning.

We love forwarding these great ideas to our developers, keep them coming!

1 Like

The most recent update made the functionality even worse! Now I can only snooze motion on the chime, and the only other option is to disable the chime altogether with no defined time limit, meaning that I’d have to remember to turn it back on.

Can this be implemented properly or at least reverted!?

We have the team looking into the new Chime Snooze options as we speak. We’ll be in touch with an update as soon as possible.

1 Like

I’m surprised it is taking this long, unless you have a seriously understaffed dev team. Obviously I don’t know who is prioritizing your backlog, but this is such an obvious feature…I’m still astonished it wasn’t offered when the chimes were released. Aside from the childcare issues, I have a chime in my office that I’d love to be able to snooze during important telecons.

1 Like

Hey @Whereupon ! There is actually a Chime Snooze feature that does just what you are looking for. Please make sure your app is up to date, and visit your Chime/ Chime Pro device page. Here you should see the “Chime Snooze” option, which will allow you select how long you would like to snooze for.

I think the initlal posted request, which I agree with, is to have the chime work on a schedule . . . so you do not have to go in and set this every night. Set a schedule to mute the chime from 10pm to 8am every day, for example.

2 Likes

So here is a solution . . . not a pretty, but it works. Get a smart plug (amazon makes one) and plug the chime into the smart plug. Set a schedule for the smart plug to turn on only when you want the chime to work. Cut the power to the chime, and it is off. Turn the power back on, give it a few seconds to boot up, and all good.

1 Like

Love this idea. Hope to see it in a future app release?

1 Like

Is there a timeframe we can expect the ability to schedule Chimes to be active or snooze?

Bumping this! I, like others, have a baby that naps at regular times and want to schedule the chime to be silent (no doorbell rings) every day during two windows of time.

This scheduling functionality exists for other RING devices, so PLEASE just add it to the CHIME!!!

To be clear:

1. I do not want to “snooze” the chime manually every day at these times, I want to set a schedule and forget about it
  2. I don’t want to buy a wifi plug that has that functionality to create a hardware workaround for what should be solved in software.

RING - please add this function!

Is this a backlog item for future implementation? Is it scheduled for an upcoming release? I love the scheduling idea for the chime. I don’t always remember to snooze it when my kids go down for naps and I want to toss the thing when it goes off. Chime rings, dogs bark, kids wake up, parents get upset because kids are grumpy the rest of the day. Just speaking from experience… :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey neighbors! We always appreciate hearing your feedback and suggestions. Other neighbors have requested a scheduling feature for the Chime and Chime Pro, so feel free to add your vote to that request linked below.

Our Feature Request board is the best way for us to gather and share feedback with our teams. If you ever have any suggestions or ideas, search the Feature Request board to see if other neighbors may have the same idea. :slight_smile:

So, this has been requested for over a year now. Really inexcusable that’s it’s not gotten implemented. No good reason at all it was not in the 2nd software release. I’ll go as far as saying, I don’t need a chime, I have an existing doorbell that the Ring activates, and I want to be able to schedule that. So not just “The Chime. This is supposed to be a leading edge smart home device, but it’s not smart enough to be told when during the day we want to hear it? Did the pandemic not bring this issue to the forefront? It’s pathetic that customers are having to post hack solutions to implementing the capability with a smart plug because Ring is clearly not improving their door bell, they are too busy trying to sell me cameras and lights that they also will not support. Please catch up!

Hey there, @Buskeyl. Thanks for this feedback.