Checking device health from Win10 app

Last week I was able to check the device health from the Windows 10 app. This week, if you go to Devices, click Settings, then Health, you get a pop-up that says:

Something went wrong :(

The error code is 0x80131500

Everything else seems to work. I can get the device health from the Android app, so the feature still works on the doorbell. It’s been like this for a few days now.

I added a new wireless AP near the doorbell (Video Doorbell Pro), so I’ve been keeping an eye on the RSSI and watching for failures.

2 Likes

This is also hapening to me

1 Like

Same here, getting the same error across 4 different Windows 10 laptops on the Ring app v. 2.4.6.

This started this past Friday or Saturday–can’t check Device Health for any of my 4 cameras but it works fine from my Android phone.

Get the attached error on every computer of mine, for every camera. Reinstalling the app did not fix the issue.

Ring Error.JPG

1 Like

I am getting the same problem when trying to check the device health from the Windows 10 app.

Something went wrong

The error code is 0x80131500

1 Like

I am going through the same issue which is very frustrating. The device health works on my android phone but not on my PC app for Ring doorbell and camera.

I have reset the Ring app but to no avail. I have tried other methods thru youtube but again to no avail.

I am going to call Ring customer service to determine what the problem may be and if they can help.

By the way, I installed the latest version of windows 10 this morning which is 1909 and it may be that may be the problem but I do not know because the device health was working before in upgraded to windows 1909.

1 Like

It’s not Win10 1909. It doesn’t work on 1903 or 1809 either. The trouble is likely on their end, as I have 4 different Win10 computers that all throw that same error.

@marley_ring

Maybe this thread should be moved out of the doorebell thread and into the Ring App section? It’s not really a camera or device specific problem.

1 Like

I’m new here, just signed into Community. I am getting the same, have been for a few days now. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the Ring App on my Desktop but I still get the same error code.

Health Check works fine on my cell phone.

1 Like

I am having the same problem with that error code in Windows 10. However, everything works fine in the Android app.

1 Like

Called ring at 1 800 656 1918 and reported this proplem with the win 10 app and device health on vid cameras and doorbell. Said they will look into it. Others having this problem might want to call also.

2 Likes

I have the same error code, I think since a W10 update

1 Like

This has been an issue for me on both win 10 1903 and 1909. so for me was broken before this last update

1 Like

Thanks - the common factor is that is broken and needs to be fixed!

1 Like

Same here!

1 Like

Same here

1 Like

Same here - but no windows 10 update. I think that they changed the App and no longer are providing that info.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! Thank you for your patience. The team is aware and working on a fix. We will let you know once there is a new app update.

2 Likes

i AM ABLE TOO DO HEALTH CHECK ON MY RING CHIME DEVICES FROM WIN 10 APP, BUT GET ERROR CODE :0X8013500 WHEN CHECKING HEALTH ON RING CAMERAS FROM WIN 10 APP

2 Likes

Why is it taking so long to get this fixed?

1 Like

A very good question! It has been a while since I spoke with a Ring Agent and yet nothing has been fixed yet.

Maybe you could call them as well as others from the Ring Community.

Thanks,

2 days ago Ring responded here. They are working on it. So why bother calling? You can check with a phone for now at least. Otherwise you have to wait until the update is pushed.