Checking device health from Win10 app

Thank you Amazon/Ring for taking care of this!

Guess they just forgot to tell us :wink:

I’m not getting the device health error anymore after updating to Ring app version 2.4.16.0. Device health shows.

I still have the beep, beep then freeze.

Not sure what your issue is, but if it were me I would unistall the app and then reinstall it. This will completely reset the app parameters. With prior issues when the issue persisted even after the app was updated that solved the problem for me. I don’t know if it will solfe yours.

FYI I updated the app on a second Windows PC and it fixed the problem there too, which give me confidence that the issue was addressed generally as it’s not happening and all other aspects of the app are working fine on both PCs.

That is great news! I am now able to access the Device Health on my PC; however, I was fortunate that I did not have to update my version of Ring.

I am going to look into the app you updated and possibly download it but as of now, my Device Health is now working properly with my current version of Ring.

Microsoft Store on Windows can automatically install app updates. Select the Start screen, then select Microsoft Store. In Microsoft Store at the upper right, select the account menu (the three dots) and then select Settings. Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to On.

Are u talking about your computer or the ring app ??

app-pgman, the Ring app, not the PC.

I was referring to my PC computer windows 10. I did not have to download the Ring app again for my Device Health to operate properly.

It is working fine as I am sending you this message.

Great news! The Divice Health is now working great on my PC computer.

That’s because Ring issued an update to the Ring app. This fixed issue.

Any update on the freezing issue? Cleared data, uninstall, reinstall several times no changes. At this point my cams are useless.

So the the Ring app freezes when u are checking ‘Device Health’ ?

No, after 45 seconds in Live View and an activation viewing I get a beep, beep, beep then a freeze up with The error code is 0x80131500.

Do u have any problems when using your cell phone in ‘Live View’?

Are Cams Battery or wired?

Is your subscription paid ?

Have u cleared the history?

Updated to the latest v2.4.16 from “microsoft store” and am still getting “Something went wrong - error code is 0x80131500” so it seems that this fix works for some but not all. I noticed that both my IOS and via HTTPS acces works but the Windows app doesn’t.

Also I turned on the two-step access and seem to be getting continuous ring verification codes on my iPhone even after I’ve used it and am able to gain access, Why?

No problem with cell phone.

Cams are wired.

All paid up.

History, data cleared.

I use my laptop throughout the day to monitor my cams.

Hi BCME

Do u get the audio 3 beeps when u stream video from other scources…utube etc…or is it happening only ring app?

Are u using your laptop from home or at other remote places?

Hi LBM

When u open Microsoft store app and click on the 3 dots, click on downloads and updates and find RING app…what is the modified date far right column?

And as for the two step verfi. thats how it works …everytime u log in u need to verfi…