Checking device health from Win10 app

Hi neighbors, sorry for any confusion, we do support the Windows 10 app and can confirm that the team is working on a fix for this concern. Sorry for any inconvenience this provides at the moment.

3 Likes

Thank you Riley for your prompt response and that Ring is making an effort to fix the problem.

I figured that Ring did support Windows 10 cause I was using the Device Health on Windows 10 app for quite a while without any issues.

Thanks again and hope you all can fix the problelm soon.

1 Like

any time frame this fix will happen?

Any word? did they work all weekend?

To my knowledge, Ring Reps work 24/7, 7 days a week, so I am assuming that they are trying their best to fix the Device Health for the windows 10 PC.

Why is this marked “Solved” when it isn’t??

1 Like

Because the solution is to wait for the app to be updated. It’s a known issue. I’m sure once the app is updated they will post that and change the solution to that post.

1 Like

The soultion to the broken app is to wait for the app to be updated??

That’s almost as funny as Ring Support telling me via email “Kindly contact the Microsoft Store Sales and Customer Support: 1-877-696-7786” in regards to this problem! As if Microsoft fixes 3rd party apps!

This problem isn’t “Solved”. If anything, it’s “Being Worked On”.

1 Like

Well, guess they could have said nothing then…
If there is no other way to fix it, at least you know they’re working on it. But you can’t please everyone. Oh well.

1 Like

I don’t know what else to state on this issue; however, as per Jennifer and Riley from the Ring Support Team, they are aware of the problem we are all having with the Device Health on our windows 10 PCs and they are working on a solution.

We could continue to call them but I do not know if they would even have an answer for us at this time. It is frustrating that this issue is ocurring but we just have to be patient.

I really do not know why it is taking them so long to resolve this problem and hopefullly they will be able to resolve it as soon as possible.

Hi all,

My (Android) app keeps crashing when I try to reconfigure for a different WiFi network.

Could that be related to this issue, since you go via Device Health in the app to do so?

No, Android is completely different from Windows 10. One is a phone or tablet. The other is a PC or laptop.

True, and if both issues are related to the apps themselves they will probably be completely different in nature. But I am guessing they both use the same back-end services to connect to.

When configuring a Ring wireless network using the Android app a wireless network is established directly between the ring device and the Android phone with only those two devices on the network. The Android phone may not like this direct network as it has no Internet connection and may be seen as insecure, you have to tell the phone to keep the connection and ignore the lack of Internet and security.

Thanks for the feedback.
I was able to setup the device yesterday using the same phone, connecting with the doorbell’s temporary network, and the connection itself seems to hold, but when the list of available Wireless networks appears, the app crashes and I do not get a chance at selecting either one of the networks, let alone enter any credentials.

Just wanted to let you know the issue of the Android app crashing got fixed by removing the app, removing the temporary doorbell-network credentials, and reinstalling the app entirely. Should have tried that sooner…

1 Like

Although this is not the subject in discussion in reference to the windows app and the android, I just spoke with a Ring Support Team Rep and he informed me that Ring is well aware of the problem in reference to the Device Health isssue on the windows 10 app PC which is not operating properly.

He informed me that they have been working on it and it should be a matter of time that this issue will be resovled.

Let’s hope it will be soon and not later.

Take care and may you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Just 1984 “Newspeak” : “Being worked on” is now “Solved”

If you know anything about forums they don’t have an option to Mark posts as being worked on. So they mark it as solved with that post saying it’s being worked on. It’s not going to fall through any cracks. They admitted it’s broken…

I know a lot about forums - I’ve run one for 16+ years. They’re very customizable for things like this.

My problem is this:

If this is marked “Solved” why would anyone work on it? Why would their bosses ask why it’s not fixed?

It’s been a known problem for 18 days. Last official update in here was a week ago. Recoding the app to fix the problem should not take that long.
(and yes, I know a lot about coding, too)