Can't login to Ring App or Ring Website from iPhone XR

After a recent iphone update iOS 14.0.1, I am not able to login to Ring App or Ring Website from my iphone xr. The app give an error message of ‘An error occured. Please try again later.’ The website gives an error code of 406. Any suggestions? Thanks

Same thing. Makes me nuts. No app in like 4 months. Annoying!

1 Like

What I found out was the VPN that I had set up on my phone was blocking the connection. I set the VPN to off and then reset my password and was able to login at that point.

4 Likes

Yes, same problem, thanks for that VPN solution. It was blocking my log in and prohibiting the app from executing. You ring folks need to understand that many of us use VPVs now and adapt to this environment.

1 Like

Hi neighbors. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We want to assure you that we take all of our neighbors’ concerns very seriously. Are we able to have a member from our team reach out to you about using a VPN with your Ring device? If so, we would reach out to you using the email address associated with your Community account and a member of our team will be in contact with you. If this is alright, please let me know and I will arrange this for you to ensure that your concern is addressed appropriately.

1 Like

I am unable to login to the Ring website from any of my browsers on my PC or phone. It sends me a verfication code to my phone and then when i enter it, it says invalid. I also tried to call tech support and their US phone number is not working. I need help getting a new security cam working I just bought. What to do? I also uninstalled the ring app and reisntalled. Now it won’t let me login. It says the verification code is incorrect that it keeps texting to me.

Hello @stevepetty ,

Today, Ring is experiencing a temporary system wide login and app errors with the Ring App and at Ring.com and they currently looking into the issue. https://status.ring.com/
Nov 25, 14:25 UTC

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Community/Issues-with-Accessing-Ring-Mobile-amp-Online/m-p/70948#…

Hopefully this rare occurrence will be fixed soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The service just back and now account login and apps should work as normal.

1 Like

@David232 wrote:

The service just back and now account login and apps should work as normal.

Yes cool @David232 ! :slight_smile: Today Ring experienced a system wide login and app errors and other Ring services outage, and they are in the process of restoring the Ring system (Nov 25, @ 14:25 UTC). https://status.ring.com/

As for the latest update, Ring is still working the outage issue. Some people have now had these fixed. I live on the east coast of the USA and my Ring App came back up (Nov 25, 2020 @ 19:18 UTC), but my “Live View” was still not working, so they were still working restoring the system, but getting close to full system restoration.

Then, Nov 25, 2020 @ 19:37 UTC all of my Ring App functions, including “Live View” are now fully working correctly. There were some Notifications that suddenly occurred on my phone, mostly likely the Notifications of what was happening during the outage, and were stored and backlogged in some sort of Ring computer server queue, I guess. All the video past footage seems OK too. I also noticed that my Shortcut Tiles, such as “Neighbors”, “History”, “Alarm”, etc. kind of got rearranged too . . . but it was easy to put them back in the order the way I preferred. https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Device-Tips-and-How-To-s/Using-Ring-App-Shortcut-Tiles/ba-p/49168

Officially, the Ring Status is still down and I’m assuming that is because still not everyone’s issues have been fixed yet, but it’s rolling out and should be to everyone soon. https://status.ring.com/

Hopefully very soon, with a little patience, everyone will have full restoration on this issue. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,
Just found this VPN issue and realized the Ring app features do not function when VPN is on. Is there a workaround?

Hi @chocistar. This Help Center article here will go over Ring and VPNs. There isn’t a workaround other than to not have an active VPN while using the Ring app.

1 Like

This message is normally due to a VPN being enabled on your phone or web browser. This Help Center article here will go over Ring and VPNs, as there isn’t a workaround other than to not have an active VPN while using the Ring app. If you’re running into this concern still with a VPN off, please reach out to our support team here.

1 Like

Wow, thank you for this simple explanation. We all would have saved time if Ring changed the message from “an error occurred please try again later” (super not helpful) to this could be caused if you are using a VPN. Problem solved while we are encountering it!

Also, Ring- I suggest you combine “authorized devices” with the control center where one can generate a code to authorize a device. So much simpler if it is all in the same place. Too many dead ends in trying to resolve issues, and we all end up in these chats after frustrating experiences. Thanks.