Can I rid those pesky Nearby Incidents?

I installed Ring Video Doorbell 2 in December (2019). It works fine but I am bothered by the accumulating Nearby Incidents. These go back almost 2 years even though my installation is only about 3 months old. I was told by a Ring customer rep that only the “poster” can get rid of them. So I started hiding them but this will take forever. Is there a way to get rid of Nearby Incidents that I don’t know about. Please reply to my email. Thanks.

Hey @NormK! It sounds like you are referring to the Neighbors by Ring App. There are a few ways to avoid these alerts in the settings portion of the Neighbors App. When selecting the “Nearby Events” notification to visit the Neighbors App, you will see a settings icon in the top right corner of the page.

Once in the settings, you can select Alert Preferences and disable Neighbors App alerts for this location. There is also an option in settings called post preferences, which allows you to select what Neighbors App event types you want to be notified for. Keep in mind, at least one of these genres must be selected. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply. I turned of the Alert Preferences for now. But I am wondering if there is a way to get rid of the other 700 in one clean swoop. For example, is it possible to display them on a computer and then delete them all at once. I haven’t been able to do it. I am doing the following:

Deleting Recent Activity from the Ring App

1. Swipe the recent events to the right.
  2. Tap the circle to select the event or events you wish to delete .
  3. Press the red trash can icon to delete an event and the recorded video.
  4. Tap Delete to confirm.

But this is taking a long time to do.

Thank you! Was so glad to find this q/a. I was getting notified every time they had a shoplifter at Walmart 5 miles away. :slight_smile:

1 Like