Cameras stuck on landscape mode

Any of my three cameras I view will not switch to portrait from landscape (no cross in top corner) and I cannot view the timeline. Any answers? It’s pretty frustrating

Hi @Leroy993. What kind of phone is this on? Do this happen when you answer a notification or when you are on the dashboard activating the Live View? You can always try to remove the Ring app from your phone, reboot your phone, then reinstall the Ring app. This ensures your RIng app is running on its latest software and optimally integrated with your phone.

I am having the same problem. A huge deer just ran through my backyard and I went to the app because it didn’t catch the motion I was just going to rewind the current view so I could see it. That’s not even an option anymore. I can only see live view and not rewind it. Or I can see motion. I don’t know what happened. I have an iPhone 11.

Hi @cspann68. Do you have an active Ring Protect subscription with your device? You’ll need one in order to view any previously recorded events. Without a subscription, you can only access the Live View to see what’s happening in real-time.

Hi Tom
I have a iPhone X, and it happens when both answering a notification and viewing a camera via the dashboard. I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling the app, to no success.

Hi @Leroy993. You may want to check and make sure the Event History Timeline is enabled in the account settings. Open the Ring App > Main Menu > Account > toggle Event History Timeline on. If this is off, that would explain why you’re not able to swap the view. Let me know if that does the trick for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This did the trick! Thank you very much for your help ?

1 Like