Cannot share post to neighbors

NEVER HAD A NEED TO POST TO NEIGHBORS UNTIL TODAY.

DISCOVERED A GROUP OF CAR BANDITS GOING DOOR TO DOOR TRYING TO GET INTO VEHICLES ON THE BLOCK I LIVE.

I HAVE TRIED MULTPLE TIMES TO SHARE POST… FIRST THE VIDEO WOULD COME BACK SAYING INVALID FORMAT SO I SWITCHED TO PHOTOS OF THE VIDEO.

APPEARS A POST HAPPENS BUT WHEN I GO TO CHECK MY POST THEY ARE NOT THERE

LAST URL I HAD DURING AN ACTION TO SHARE WAS HERE https://neighbors.ring.com/n/DAVpjpNNLO

BUT WHEN YOU ACCESS IT NOW IT SAYS 404 ERROR

WHATS THE POINT OF HAVING THIS IF IT DOES NOT WORK ???

I WILL TRY POSTING SCREEN SHOTS AGAIN… ORIGINAL POST SAYS ONLY TWO ARE ALLOW I TRIED ONLY TWO AND STILL WOULD NOT POST

I’m having the same problem, says it posted but doesn’t show up anywhere.

Same here.

Sorry to hear about this, neighbors! When posting to the Neighbors by Ring community, please ensure the post fits all of the guidelines listed in our help center article. The next best step will be to remove and reinstall the Ring app, or Neighbors by Ring app, on your mobile device. Please also ensure there is not a VPN enabled when sharing and accessing the Neighbors by Ring videos.

If this concern persists, despite trying the above steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I use to like ring all around but now after trying this neighbor thing after having an attempted break in has lead me to think otherwise.

Generic responses do not help people.

Canned responses do not help people.

Community Guidelines… well tell me what I am doing wrong.

I attempted to post video from my phone but that didn’t work. Called and got some offshore person who absolutely didn’t know what the issue was… the call was a complete waste of my time.

So I then attempted to post three photos with the title and descriptions… I ended up posting twice because it didn’t appear the first time.

Hours later I saw both posts… great something worked…

Today I get an email at 306am saying the post was approved

Then at 809am got another email saying "Thank you for submitting your post “Suspicious Individuals”, unfortunately it does not appear to be eligible for Neighbors.

Your post was removed because the same information or incident appears to have been covered in an earlier post. To ensure that your neighbors pay attention to each alert they receive, please try to include all the information in one post. "

Yet again another canned response.

If I go into the neighbors app… the two posts are still there…

SO I ASK YOU RING PERSON… DO YOU GUYS REALLY KNOW WHAT GOES ON WITHIN YOUR APP???

IF I HAD TO RATE MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS ON A SCALE OF 1 -10 (10 THE BEST)

YOU ALL WOULD GET A RATING OF " 2 "

NO SO GOOD.

YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS!

2 Likes

I have been trying for multiple days to post a video ofan attempted break in from my Ring app. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. I am not using a VPN network. I want to show my community what is happening, but I can’t. I used to really like the Ring devices and Neighbors community alerts, but this is really frustrating. Please help.

1 Like

@amylloff

Good luck… I wanted to do the same but I would get an error saying the format is incorrect.

I called the neighboorhood customer service… got an offshore person…

He had no clue … said it was my OS something abot having an android version that is not allowed.

I checked the version and its Version 10 and didn’t match with what he was telling me.

Total waste of my time…

Flood this email with your complaints:

j@ring.com

Supposedly for the CEO

OH By The Way you cannot post the CEO’s name in this forum.

You get this message “The message body contains XXXXXXX, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.”

The guy is clearly lurking around my property. You can tell he is up to no good based on his body language. A neighbor posted a similar video a couple days ago. I tried uploading several times until Ring sent me this:

Your post was removed due to the recent changes to the Unexpected Activity category. Previously this type of content was allowed on Neighbors, however based on feedback from the community about what posts were most useful to them, changes were made to be more selective. We believe that these changes are necessary to reduce the possibility of false accusations and to maintain a culture on Neighbors where all are welcome.

We’re not perfect, so if you feel a mistake was made in removing your post, please reply to this email so our team can take another look. Thanks for understanding and assisting us in making neighborhoods safer.

…I don’t get what they’re trying to prevent. Seems like they’re tip toeing around potential racism. Believe me, I thought hard about it before posting, but it’s clear he had ill intentions. Given where my property is located, there’s no reason to be walking on my sideyard and approaching my porch in the way he did. If anything, it seems like he walked away from my porch because he saw I had a Ring cam. Maybe he was looking for packages to swipe? We had none.

I tried posting for days with nothing ever showing up. Today I received multiple copies of that message saying my posts were removed. I posted about a person going around asking to come inside houses. No mask, no clear identification, and wanted to go inside. He even approached my neighbor’s young children! But Ring doesn’t think it’s worth letting others know or for me to find out if anyone knows him. Ring also didn’t bother recording the entire time the guy was at my door. What is the purpose of Ring if it doesn’t work correctly and we can’t communicate with our neighborhood?

1 Like

I am total agreement with you. If I had someone like that going door to door, etc asking to enter with what cause, etc. Its abnormal behavior and if this is an adult speaking to young children that would be concerning too.

You are stating a fact - I am not sure how a fact would go against the community guidelines. To be honest I have not even read them because what I attempted to post and what you describe at a common sense perspective we’d not think it would go against community guidelines.

Not that it will make a difference but I dropped an email with my concerns to j@ring.com

Supposedly this is the inbox for CEO - cant post his name here as its forbidden - so if the CEO’s name is forbidden in the forum you really have to question this company and their transparancy.

Seems in a few cases that I have seen this Neigbors notification is smoke and mirrors.

1 Like

If you would like more details on why your post was removed or additional details on any concerns you have with the Neighbors App, you will need to reach out to communityalerts@ring.com. This will get you in touch with our team that monitors the Neighbor’s app, and they can provide more information on why the post was not allowed. If you get a response that does not seem in-depth enough, please respond to the email you have received back from them for more additional and specific feedback. Please note that they may take 48-72 hours to respond to you via email each time you reach out and respond. Thank you, neighbors!

I did just that and no one has replied. You were a lot quicker to block my post that could’ve protected someone from theft!

My expectations are low for whatever they reply with regarding my posts. I ordered an Arlo video doorbell yesterday, thank you early back Friday sale.

Yup. They explained nothing and clearly don’t understand what people want to know about. (I had successfully posted on Nextdoor.)

"We’ve reviewed your post, and we feel that it’s not quite right for Neighbors. We recently made changes to our Unexpected Activity category based on feedback from the community about what posts are most useful. We certainly appreciate your feedback as we are amending our guidelines on a regular basis while we figure out what neighbors feel are important updates on crime and safety.

We hope you understand our decision and continue to engage with your neighbors in an effort to create a safer environment for your local community."

1 Like

I’ve just experienced the exact same thing. A kid is wandering around my neighborhood in the winter with not shoes on begging for money. I was posting it because our local law enforcement agency is a Ring Neighbors member. I’m disappointed in this service by Ring. I’ll probably delete the app.

I had a similar situation where someone try to open my front door at midnight. I try posting the video and ring will not allowed me to share it. They send me a email with same reply you received. “ > > We believe that these changes are necessary to reduce the possibility of false accusations and to maintain a culture on Neighbors where all are welcome.” what false accusations? I guess I have a gun pointed to my face or to my family members to be taken serious ; or I have to get my personal belongings stolen in order to meet the criteria or ability to make the community aware of what some individual are doing in our neighborhood. It I s a ridiculous policy change that doesn’t make sense, especially when the evidence is clear, and shows the intend and conduct of certain individuals. I will definitely reconsider using your ring products or recommending it anyone since it defeats the purpose and intentions of the neighbors site. I am a paying customer but I guess ring doesn’t supporting their loyal customer on matters that concert the safety and peace of mind of their families.

1 Like

I had the same thing happen after I tried to post a video of a suspicious truck sitting in front my house and the driver staring down the side of my house toward my backyard. They won’t let me post it and took down I post I made a year ago about another suspicious truck in the middle of the night scoping out my neighbors house.

I kept getting FAILED TO UPLOAD and then I UPDATED the app and it finally went through.

1 Like