Apple Watch OS6.1 motion image preview

I’m over it. Too many other options either out there, or about to be released. It now reminds me of when I originally bought my ring doorbell because HomeKit was “coming soon” in a software / firmware update. Never happened.

I am waiting patiently, but not for Ring. HomeKit secure video is slowly being released for cameras and doorbells. I’ll be upgrading soon!

I am fortunate to only have 1 ring doorbell, and the basic protect plan.

I am planning to add 3 additional cameras to my home, and I have sadly come to the conclusion that Ring is not the company for me, not only because of lack of features, but also because their response to this one single topic has been horrible.

When my yearly protect subscription expires in January, I will not be renewing, and I will be moving to a different vendor for my home security.

I switched to the Eufy Hardwired Doorbell which among other things sends a photo preview to the Apple Watch. I can’t wrap my head around how Ring can’t offer this unbelievably simple handoff functionality (and apparently they at one time did, then REMOVED it)

The only thing the Eufy doesn’t do that I miss is ring my mechanical doorbell. Minor loss with all the Alexa’s in the house that tell me someone is at the door, and most of the time I’m wearing my Apple Watch anyway which shows the wonderful preview.

Ring, you lost a customer.

Ring-

Summer is very swiftly coming to an end. I mention this because of the *Ring* representiatives promise to us all within this thread "by Summer’.

Fall is almost here; right around the corner and in the next few weeks.

Where are we at with this functionality and Ring’s promise?

What are we to expect?

Ping. ?

Releasing flying drone cameras instead of taking care of your existing customer base and breaking promises.

Bodes well; not.

Update? Plan? Care? Support? re: this topic/issue?

1 Like

Can we please have an update? We know this feature was under development, what is the issue? If Ring are not going to deliver on this feature then can we have some transparency?

Any idea when this update might take place?

Hey neighbors! We’re excited to announce our new feature that you may like, Rich Notifications. This is very similar to the requests made here in this thread. You can learn more about this feature in our Community Post here. Please note that this feature is **currently slow rolling ** and we appreciate your patience while we work to get it to all our neighbors. :slight_smile:

For everyone that has followed and contributed to this frustrating thread… some details to be aware of:

1. This thread has been ‘moved’/‘diverted’ by Ring to a new, shiny, and less direct and honest representation of this ongoing saga.
  1. The “new” thread we and others are being diverted to doesn’t have the ability to “Subscribe” to it to stay updated as THIS thread does. Coincidence? Interesting! Odd. Convenient.

2. This thread, the one that has all the actual information, comments, timeframes, concerns, efforts, promises from Ring, etc. … has been long-ago marked as “Solved”. Feel solved to you? Doesn’t to me. Feels like it was mark solved for the search engines and to quell everyones ongoing concerns without actually solving it or fulfilling promises.

So now there’s two threads to continue paying attention to if you’re still concerned, caring, and if you’ve still opted to stay with Ring thus far–

This one you are reading now-

– https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-App/Apple-Watch-OS6-1-motion-image-preview/td-p/11277

And the “new” thread Ring started to divert attention from this one. That new one doesn’t have a 'Subscribe" feature so that you can be kept up to date and *notified* about updates, history, others comments, etc. And it takes attention away from this thread… the one that has survived to capture everyones concerns, feelings, Ring promises, etc. The new thread–

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Device-Tips-and-How-To-s/Ring-App-Rich-Notifications/bc-p/65311#M464

Lastly, the ‘new’ thread tells you the feature we’ve been going on about for a *long time* “is here!” and/but that it’s a “slow release”. Haven’t heard from a single person that the feature has been delivered or available to them. There’s no timeframe, no rollout schedule, not dates, … just another promise conveniently hijacked and moved into a new thread without a Subscribe option to stay up to date. I’ve reinstalled devices, Ring apps, etc. and the feature exists *nowhere* to be found for me still to this day.

FINALLY, "Rich notifications’ have been added to my app. Just tested it and indeed did get a photo snapshot with a motion and ring alert. Happy days… let’s hope it stays this time!

1 Like

Hey,
Would you be able to post a screenshot of where to find this in the settings please. I’ve been waiting since last Xmas after they teased us then took the functionality away again.
Many thanks,
Nigel.

1 Like

That’s good news, I also can not see rich notifications, how do you access it in the app?

I assume this feature came with an update to the Ring app?

Hi. It just appeared when I looked in ‘Devices’ ‘Front door’ yesterday. Strangely though I just looked on the App Store to see when my ring app recently updated and couldn’t find it as a recent update. On the App Store it’s actually saying that I should do an update to version 5.32 so I looked at the version I currently have and it’s 5.31… Which makes me a bit concerned am I going to lose it again in the next update!!??

Where is this feature?

Hi,

Not sure how this appeared but when it does you just need to enable them and it works really great.
Hopw you get it soon.
Regards,

Nigel

I have been active and outspoken about tracking this feature and promoting its release.

I am excited and pleased to report that I received the feature update a few days ago.

Nice job, Ring. Thank you for delivering on your promise and delivering this feature.

The feature is frankly game changing for your users. Instead of having to unlock the phone, navigage to the Ring app, and then view the car headlights whizzing by only to close it again…

… now we can simply look at the alert… hard-press the alert for a larger image… and see it’s just a car going by.

Fantasitc. I wanted to report back right away and let people know this feature is arriving and is impressive.

For the sake of helpfulness… I am using the folloiwng hardware:

• iPhone XS Max

• Ring App (notifications disabled)

• Rapid Ring App (notifications enabled)

• * I receive a single notification from ther Rapid Ring app, including the rich preview capability.
  • Apple Watch 4th Generation

• I receive a single notification from the Rapdi Ring app, including the rich preview capability.
  • Apple MacBook Pro 13" (2018)

• MacOS Ring App

• *I do not see rich preview alerts with the computer.

• In fairness, the MacOS Ring App does provide for popping up mini video alerts already.

Ring, thank you for working hard to deliver an assuredly-challenging feature and communicating with your users.

1 Like

It has been almost a year since this feature appeared and disappeared. Please bring this useful feature back!

It is live. Check the main App … and look in Notifications, for Smart/Rich Notifications.

2 Likes

Problem solved
Download Rapid Ring app
It gives you the picture on your watch

1 Like

While our recent Rich Text Notifications feature delivers an image preview in your notifications, the Ring app does not support smart watches at this time. Our team continues to receive your feedback, in which you can add your votes on the Feature Request board, if you have not already :slight_smile:

1 Like