Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch OS6.1 motion image preview

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Apple Watch OS6.1 motion image preview

I am a patient and reasonable person.

While I am disappointed in general that Ring does not yet provide this functionality, I understand it, because technology is hard.

However, I am sincerely disappointed Ring exposed the preview functionality to its users, teased us with it, then covertly took it away, and then required us to rally and pounce to even get a single response on their own forum about it.

While I am still in 'waiting mode' and hopeful about what the Ring Moderator on this Ring Forum stated... that this feature *is* indeed coming "this summer"... I am beginning to worry and become more concerned.

I own *many* Ring Pro cameras and have subscriptions for each of them for full time recording on an annual basis. They work and I like them and when I've needed support they've been there.

However, this issue about the preview is troubling. Not only do other competing products have preview (motion preview vs. still preview on some)... but Ring has *stated* in their Ring Forum here that we are to be patient... and that the feature is coming shortly.

If Summer comes and goes and this feature and or a sincere explanation that I can accept and comprehend doesn't come... I'm going to be exploring eBay values and opening up my research files on a trustworthy and improved monitoring solution for my family and property.

Respectfully- take care of business before your customers take care of it for you.

Thanks.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I’m over it. Too many other options either out there, or about to be released. It now reminds me of when I originally bought my ring doorbell because HomeKit was “coming soon” in a software / firmware update. Never happened.

I am waiting patiently, but not for Ring. HomeKit secure video is slowly being released for cameras and doorbells. I’ll be upgrading soon!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am fortunate to only have 1 ring doorbell, and the basic protect plan.

I am planning to add 3 additional cameras to my home, and I have sadly come to the conclusion that Ring is not the company for me, not only because of lack of features, but also because their response to this one single topic has been horrible.

When my yearly protect subscription expires in January, I will not be renewing, and I will be moving to a different vendor for my home security.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I switched to the Eufy Hardwired Doorbell which among other things sends a photo preview to the Apple Watch. I can’t wrap my head around how Ring can’t offer this unbelievably simple handoff functionality (and apparently they at one time did, then REMOVED it)

The only thing the Eufy doesn’t do that I miss is ring my mechanical doorbell. Minor loss with all the Alexa’s in the house that tell me someone is at the door, and most of the time I’m wearing my Apple Watch anyway which shows the wonderful preview.

Ring, you lost a customer.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring-

Summer is very swiftly coming to an end. I mention this because of the *Ring* representiatives promise to us all within this thread "by Summer'.

Fall is almost here; right around the corner and in the next few weeks.

Where are we at with this functionality and Ring's promise?

What are we to expect?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ping.  ?

Releasing flying drone cameras instead of taking care of your existing customer base and breaking promises.

Bodes well; not.

Update?  Plan?  Care?  Support? re: this topic/issue?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Can we please have an update? We know this feature was under development, what is the issue? If Ring are not going to deliver on this feature then can we have some transparency?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Any idea when this update might take place?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! We're excited to announce our new feature that you may like, Rich Notifications. This is very similar to the requests made here in this thread. You can learn more about this feature in our Community Post here. Please note that this feature is currently slow rolling and we appreciate your patience while we work to get it to all our neighbors. Smiley Happy

Curious and want to learn more about the Community? Visit our Community 101 - New Member Checklist here.