Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying bug with stick up cam

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Annoying bug with stick up cam

I encountered this last night - 2 Stick up cams, both solar powered

Cam A for some reason wasn't charging from the solar panel, so its battery died.  I removed the dead battery from Cam A and opened the battery door for Cam B.  Then I got a phone call.  While I was on the phone, Cam B tattled to the base station that its battery door was open.  

I then removed the good battery from Cam B and replaced it with the dead battery from Cam A and closed the door.  Then I put the good battery from Cam B into Cam A.  

The base station still thought that the battery door for Cam B was open, because that is the last message it received from Cam B, whose battery is now dead.  This means that every time I did anything in the Ring app last night, it gave me a popup complaining about Cam B's door being opened.  Open the app - popup.   Change cameras - popup.  Look at camera health -popup.  I finally had to go put the good battery back into Cam B to get it to shut up.  

The only option given in the popup is 'Got It'.  Please add an option to disable this warning for a few hours.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: Annoying bug with stick up cam

That sounds like a very frustrating experience and we apologize for any inconvience. I'll certainly pass this feedback along to the team to investigate. Thank you for letting us know, I hope your solar panel is now charging the battery as intended!