cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app won't "rotate"

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Android app won't "rotate"

@Eagle328, Thank you. It's been a LONG time since I had to look into help for rotation. Now my Fire 7 2017 (which has been relegated to function as my ring chime/video) works as I'd hope for that. 

Highlighted
Neighbor II

Glad to hear it worked for you.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

How did you get it to work?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

The app didn't work for me.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

That's a terrible design. So many people use tablets for smart home management. When the tablet is mounted on the wall in landscape its a bit difficult to read an interface in portrait. This isn't something that is difficult or time consuming to code, there is literally no good reason for this.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I ended up using an app called Ultimate Rotation Control by FaMe IT and that forces the app to rotate to landscape.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Is incongruent with other Apps by Ring.

The Ring App runs on Landscape Mode. The Rapid Ring App runs on Landscape Mode.

Why is the Neighbors by Ring app not consistent with other apps in the Company? It is a silly decision to design an App to only run in Portrait mode by design.

This should be easily remedied. Please fix it. 

Most people that use iPads and Android Pads will use their devices in Landscape mode.

Otherwise, a terrific app. I just refuse to use it whenever I am on my iPad. I use my device with a keyboard, which forces landscape mode.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks for the tip on the Rotate Control app.   Works perfect!

I originally bought the Amazon Echo thinking that would be how I watch my cams but Ring is horrible on that device.  So I pulled out my old android tablet and with your suggestion of this Rotate Control App, I have the perfect camera screen now.

Thanks!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

All versions I’ve used over the last year have this bug, keep hoping the next ‘update’ fixes this...

On 3.26.0 on android.