Android App Not Reporting Alarm Sensor Status on Home Screen

Wanted to report a minor bug in the Ring app regarding the Alarm. Not sure if this started as part of the recent update or not, but I just noticed it yesterday.

The ‘scrolling’ status section no longer displays if a motion sensor is detecting motion anymore. I’m referring to the section as pointed out in my 2nd screenshot.

In the past, the ‘scrolling’ status section that shows “All Sensors Cleared” or “Front Door Open” would also show that status of your motion sensors by displaying “Dining Room Motion Detected Motion” for example.

This area will still scroll through and correctly display if any contact sensor is open, showing “Dining Room Door Open” and so on. It no longer displays any open motion sensor. The abscense of the motion status is present in all 3 Modes, regardless of the status that the alarm is, or is not armed in. If motion is detected in any mode, the app will only scroll through “All Sensors Cleared/Disarmed/Home & Armed” and so on.

That said, the motion sensors are correctly working. If you look in either the Event History, or look at the status of the sensor itself, it is correctly displaying that any given motion sensor is detecting motion. I want to be clear that this is not a problem with the motion sensors or alarm, but instead the app. I’ve attached a 2nd pic that shows that the app recognizes the sensor has detected motion.

This is in Android, **Ring app v.3.25.0 **

My other Android phone (same version of the Ring app) exhibits the same problem.

I’ve also tested on an iPhone on Ring app v.5.25.0. The scrolling status still shows “Dining Room Detected Motion” and so on.

Today’s Android update to 3.26 resolved this on all of my devices. The dashboard again scrolls through and shows when motion sensors detect motion.

1 Like

Hey @5150Joel. This is great news too! I know you updated in the other thread, and greatly appreciate you updating in this thread as well. I will put slight blame on myself on this one, as we did notice your post and escalated up the manner as you described it (saw your post before after I noticed the same thing on my phone). Just chiming in now to thank you for the OG post and glad it’s working as it should now. As always, your hard work and follow through is appreciated here! :smiley_cat: :heart:

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hey @5150Joel. This is great news too! I know you updated in the other thread, and greatly appreciate you updating in this thread as well. I will put slight blame on myself on this one, as we did notice your post and escalated up the manner as you described it (saw your post before after I noticed the same thing on my phone). Just chiming in now to thank you for the OG post and glad it’s working as it should now. As always, your hard work and follow through is appreciated here! :smiley_cat: :heart:

@Chelsea_Ring oh no worries and no problem! This was more of an annoyance than it was crucial to the functionality of anything.

You’re very welcome, and thank YOU for escalating it!

1 Like