cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

406 Not Acceptable

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: 406 Not Acceptable

Yesterday morning I removed battery to charge it, battery level was 50%.
Around 19:00 I put the battery back in.
Couple of hours later, I wanted to check to make sure it’s working properly.
The 406 problem started happening.
The 406 error is coming from web server, this morning I called customer service and escalated to web server support, they gathered some information.
Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

@Borat wrote:
Yesterday morning I removed battery to charge it, battery level was 50%.
Around 19:00 I put the battery back in.
Couple of hours later, I wanted to check to make sure it’s working properly.
The 406 problem started happening.
The 406 error is coming from web server, this morning I called customer service and escalated to web server support, they gathered some information.
Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

This issue appears to be fixed for me.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have this same problem, all the same answers too - except my provider is different.

@Chelsea_Ring - please help!!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @lovinairdrie. Chiming in for Chelsea here. If you've tried the suggested steps in this thread and you are still having this issue, it would be best for you to reach out to our support team to further investigate this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am having this same exact issue as we speak. I have Spectrum and my IP seems to be blocked by Ring. I cannot connect to anything Ring related, apps or the website.

I CAN connect using a VPN(which is what I’m doing now to post this) but not my normal IP address. This type of thing should NOT be happening with a security device. Based on a now 3 pages, it happens way too often.

What if I really needed to see what is going on and didn’t happen to have a VPN available? I’d be in trouble. Fix it please.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I’m getting the same error. It’s been happening for the past two weeks. Very frustrating that I am not able to use the app to answer the door in these trying times!!!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hello, 

I keep getting this error and it's locking me out of my devices. How do I go about fixing this ? 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi neighbors! The best first step will be to ensure you do not have a VPN turned on when you are trying to access Ring.com. Clearing your cache and cookies may help, or even trying another browser or device entirely. 

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.