cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Thank you for your patience! Community is back up and running. Please flag a Moderator if you experience any issues while posting. Thank you :)

3 Beep error on Mac when using live view

Highlighted
New Neighbor

3 Beep error on Mac when using live view

I have a 2018 MacMini running macOS Catalina version 10.15.6.  When ever I try to view a ring camera in the ring app using live view after 30 seconds the computer will put out three loud beeps and the live view will go away, sort of like a crash of just the live view window. The main ring app stays active. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the ring app to no avail. Thinking it might be the OS software,  I installed a clean copy of MacOS on a separate drive and tried that way and got the same response. Thinking it might be a hardware memory issue I ran the apple diagnostics which showed no issues. I checked the log files and could find nothing of note. This computer does have the T2 chip, I was wondering if that might be an issue.

I do run windows on this computer under a VR drive with Parallels and the ring app works exactly as it should using the same hardware and live view works perfectly. I am stumped as to what is wrong?""

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: 3 Beep error on Mac when using live view

Hi @Talluton. Thank you for sharing details on what steps you'e tried for this concern already. If possible, can you please share a short video or recording of the beeping and then crashing that you're experiencing with the Live View? I'd like to take a look and see what I can recommend. When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Smiley Happy

Curious and want to learn more about the Community? Visit our Community 101 - New Member Checklist here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have attached a video of the error with the three beeps.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  I am particularly confused that I get no error when running ring inside of a VR session of windows on the Mac

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Did you ever figure this out? Having the same issue.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

No,  It started working a few days ago. I believe that there was a recent Ring update.  Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just downloaded the app and noticed this so I should have the most recent update. Not sure whats causing it but its extremely annoying. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

One, thing that had occurred to me.  I have several Mac's that are running Catalina.  All of the older Mac's worked great. No problems with Live View on the Ring App.  The one with the problem is a new Mac Mini.  It has a T2 security chip, the others don't.  Its a mystery to me, and I don't know why it corrected itself.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I posted a same issue. In my case this also accurs the app on a iPhone 11 Pro Max...

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Its happening on my 2019 Mac Mini, 2018 Macbook Pro and not my 11 Pro Max. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Is there any update to this?