24-Hr Locked Account after wrong password attempts

I just signed up with Ring a month ago, and today accidentally managed to get locked out of my account by incorrecting inputting my password 3 times. In calling customer support for help, I’m told that for the next 24 hours there is nothing anyone can do to get me back into my Ring device.

This alone will make me reconsider buying another Ring product. What good is this security device if Ring can’t re-verify me over the phone and let me back into my monitoring capabilities, leaving me unable to utilize the product for a full day?

Hey @stargrove99. Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience with our system here. I apologize that you were stuck in this 24-hour lock out period from the incorrect password being input, but this measure is for your security. I recommend changing your password if you have tried it incorrectly twice, or ensuring you are staying logged in on the Ring app on your mobile phone. You will see need to log in more often if accessing Ring from the website, but this should help when you need to look into your information on the app!

I’m locked out as well. I was trying to get my protection plan. Entered the code they sent me via email and it said it was wrong, hit it too many times now I’m locked out. It’s a bunch of bs. Have they resolved the issue of calling them and getting you back in to the account ? If not that’s ridiculous and I’m regretting buying this thing. I should have went with another company.

1 Like

After our IPhones and IPad went through the most recent update we were logged out of our ring apps and my husband managed to enter in a wrong password and eventually I reset it but then we were still locked out for 24 hours. All though I spoke with customer service who was able to confirm I was who I said I was they were “unable” to give us access before the 24 hour time lock. This is unacceptable. It is either OLD technology on Ring’s part , a horrible policy, or both to make their service unavailable for any amount of time once a customer has been confirmed to be who they are. How does not having access to the camera considered protection of our account? The most ridiculous comment from customer service was “that videos recorded during this 24 hour period would still be available to view once we had access”. Great! So we can watch all those who came to the door that we missed but could not answer or deal with. We will find another service that has a system that is not so archaic.

This is an egregious security practice on Ring’s side. A malicious actor can easily and irreversibly lock out accounts for several hours.