Will ring alarm activate floodlight alarm?

Any updates? Just bought my floodlight thinking this would be integrated and am disappointed reading this message, that too more than a year old. Doesn’t sound like Ring is interested in doing this integration.

1 Like

You are NOT alone in wanting this feature. There are also many similar posts in other Ring forums, but now Ring Teams look for request here in the “Feature Board Request” forum, and so I did not include those other too numerous links. I just linked only “Feature Board Requests.” The Ring Teams notice the requests with a large number of “Thumbs-up” votes. This and variations of this idea are already on the Feature Request Board. Make your voice be heard and add your “Thumbs-up” vote to these links by clicking on the Thumbs-up Icon that is on the left side of the author’s initial beginning post (I’ve probably missed a few similar links) :

Submitted by WesleyAldred :

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Ring-Alarm-Activation-sets-off-Ring-Cam-Siren/id…

Submitted by DrTej :

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Activate-Siren-on-all-Camera-s-and-Alarm/idi-p/2…

Submitted by DanHolloway :

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Ring-Alarm-link-sirens/idi-p/56814

Submitted by MikeP :

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Alarm-Base-Station-should-sync-with-Floodlight-c…

Submitted by Leslew :

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Ring-alarm-siren/idi-p/49072

Submitted by PaddyMc :

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Alarm-Siren-linked-devices-to-ring-chimes/idi-p/…

Submitted by Rand :

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Allow-us-to-Utilize-Our-Flood-Sirens-during-Alar…

UNITE and Thumbs-up VOTE! Get Ring Team’s Attention!

6 Likes

I managed to get this working after trying fir a few days and have posted my solution on the SmartThings community pages.

It would be better if there was native integration within Ring so that there would be no need for 3rd party products to handle integration within the Ring suite of products…

1 Like

Ah, I now see that it appears all the above links that I posted above, have been ’ merged’ into a single-giant Feature Request by the Ring Moderators. Thank you Ring Moderators for making it easier to give our “Thumbs Up” Kudo votes for those authors whom requested this on the Feature Request Board. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I do like the ‘single-stop-shopping’ placement merging, Cool Cool :slight_smile: Kudos to you Ring Moderators too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ring’s response is to have someone with the app be a security gaurd and when issues are detected, you can manually activate the siren from the app… problem solved…

Just finished installing my spotlight cam and I’m disappointed to find this year old thread.

Please ring develop this feature as it seems like common sense functionality missing from your products that are disappointing many customers.

I have also voted for the feature to be developed.

4 Likes

I’m surprised by this as I don’t think it’s been by coincidence that all conventional alarms to date have outside sirens which draw the attention of neighbours and passers by. The base station siren is loud but not nearly enough to alert anyone further than several feet from the house in my opinion. Being alerted to a break in whilst away and knowing it’s unlikely for the police to attend in any reasonable time (if at all) one really hopes on a neighbour intervention.
If Ring think integrating the cam sirens and base station sirens is in the short term problematic may I suggest a stand alone outdoor siren to add to the system. I suspect they would fly of the shelves as now I know I can’t use the cam sirens. Such a product would be my next purchase.

1 Like

Ring has listened to all the Kudo votes on the numerous “Feature Request” board and the camera sirens can also now be linked to the Alarm Base Station siren! So now when the Base Station siren goes off, the Ring cameras (that have siren feature) can also sound off with their siren!

So, I immediately went to my Ring App to link mine also! But, I was briefly disappointed when I tried to do it because I did not initially see any change in the App. It initially appeared to still only make the cameras record when the alarm sounded . . . until I looked more closely. So, yes, the camera sirens CAN be linked now by:

• Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Base Station > Linked Devices > Alarm Sounding >

After selecting “Alarm Sounding”, this is where I was briefly disappointed because I thought it was still just to select the cameras to only record. Then I noticed the “Explanation-Point” Icon, just right of the “Camera” Icon. Now I understood that by selecting this “Explanation-Point” Icon, it links the camera’s siren to the alarm too! So after selecting “Alarm Sounding” then:

• Select “Explanation-Point” Icon for the cameras you wish to sound off their siren with the Base Station > then “Save”.

Wonderful! Thank you Ring! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, Ring really surprised me with this, I honestly wasn’t expecting for them to ever get around to it. I wish I could say thanks for adding this functionality except I feel this should’ve been an included feature from the beginning (just like how rich notifications should’ve been a standard feature from the beginning). Either way I’m really happy Ring is stepping up their game and I’m excited for their future innovations!

2 Likes

That’s some great news! Thanks for letting us know. And thanks to the Ring team to finally make this obvious feature happen.

1 Like

Hey neighbors. Thanks for being patient while we worked hard to bring this feature to you!

1 Like

That’s great! It really restored some faith that Ring actually cared. This is such a basic and good thing to do and I am glad that it is finally done. Now, onto that HomeKit compatibility…

2 Likes

So it’s great you can link the floodlight siren to the alarm when it triggers, which I’ve done and tested, but why does it not work when you select the red ! Icon on the dashboard and select “siren only?” Seems obvious that should also work as it would be beneficial to trigger a siren to scare off an intruder/animal/etc rather than require a breach or police response to trigger the floodlight siren.

Tried that but when tested siren the floodlight camera’s not sounding.

Is this because I used the ‘Test Siren’ icon in the Base Station part of the app as this only set off the base station alarm ?

Hi @whydoIbother. Using the Test Siren feature will only sound the Base Station siren. If you want to test the function of all your sirens (Linked Devices), you can enter Self Monitoring and trip a sensor when armed. This is a simple way to test their function without alerting the monitoring station. Once complete, be sure to opt back into Professional Monitoring if you were being monitored. I hope this helps!

1 Like

@Tom_Ring Thank you.

1 Like

@Tom_Ring tried that and nothing happened, even the base unit alarm did not go off

OK, got it sorted, phoned support and appears have to wait for sensors to ‘clear’ which didn’t know about so all good now.

1 Like

Hey @whydoIbother. Glad to hear that you got this to work!

Hi neighbors! You are able to link your Ring Alarm system to your Security Cameras. This Linked Devices feature now allows you to set any Ring Camera with a siren to sound when your Alarm Siren is triggered. You can read more about it in our Community Post here. :slight_smile:

1 Like