cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will ring alarm activate floodlight alarm ?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: will ring alarm activate floodlight alarm ?

We assure you this information has been sent to the team. We will update this thread with any information. Thank you!

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This just saved me from making a large purchase that included the home security system as well as outdoor cameras. I think now, I will just purchase the cameras.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

You all do know that most cities an external Security alarm in a private residence is not permitted by law. Just an FYI. They get around this by forcing you to trigger it manually as a deterrent rather than an automated alarm. If you want Ring to include such a feature you will need to work on changing the local ordinances across the country.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm fully aware, but thanks for mentioning! 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Sorry iluvtec, but that is a little insular. 

In the UK, EU and many, many countries around the world external sirens are permitted. Ring adjust their fumctionality in the UK where US features are not allowed / not supported, why could they not be flexible when territories outside the US permit functionality that some regions of the US don't? I am assuming that you are US based Smiley Very Happy but whether you are or not your point is not valid worldwide!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm just getting to grips installing 3 floodlight cams and an alarm and are disappointed to find that there is no siren integration. My ring alarm is barely audible outside of the house as it stands.

A second for the external siren as well. I still have an old ADT box on the side of my house but would prefer it said Ring. I am based in the UK.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi there at Ring.

Do this situation has been fixed already ?

I am ready to buy 3 Floodlight Cams and this is a must.

Thanks

Highlighted
New Neighbor

FYI i have synced my Ring floodlight siren to the alarm now but through a non ring system to make them sync up. It is possible but not natively with Ring
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Please can you advise how you’ve done this? It would be a great help for others
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I posted about this years ago, bought the system assuming the siren advertised on the camera would obviously be synced to the alarm, Jennifer it was you yourself who just disregarded my post in typical ring fashion. 

The many limitations and lack of listening to customer feedback (made apparent by the most active threads on this website) have led me to switch my cameras to nest iq and doorbell, and I have never been happier. Ring alarm is on thin ice, I tried the nest alarm and the only reason I’m keeping ring for now is it is louder