Will ring alarm activate floodlight alarm?

There is zero point in having an alarm without an external siren .

6 Likes

Every mainstream alarm company in the uk has an external siren . There is no point in having a home alarm siren that only sounds indoors and can be disabled by smashing it off the wall. Ring talks about connectivity yet won’t connect the two most fundamental parts of an alarm system !

7 Likes

I totally agree… I got con in buying these additional camera’s thats not integrated to the alarm system… I really hope that this is in the pipeline…

8 Likes

How did you get conned? Where does it say they do this feature? I can’t find it anywhere…

1 Like

This is a big deal for me, and a lot of other users (that ring will potentially lose).

I actually phoned ring yesterday to ask the exact question before buying the alarm system and floodlight, to be told ‘yes it can do it’ i was like, are you 100% sure… ‘yes’.

Really shouldnt be giving people false information when they are telling you they are going to buy products based on some functionality working. Its not a good look… im now in two minds whether to actually even start the install or just send it straight back.

3 Likes

If you need the tie in then i’d send it back, no-one from Ring can give me a clear answer on when this will be implemented, the internal siren just isn’t that loud, we set it off to test it and could comfortably sit in the same room without flinching and couldn’t hear it outside the house or at the end of the garden. It’s just not loud enough.

Until the floodlight cam siren is intergreated i’m not taking out my Yale system and have both systems running so the external siren from Yale will sound with their sensors but ring sensors give me the notifications to my phone of movement in the house.

3 Likes

Hi neighbors! As mentioned previously in this thread, the Floodlight Cam Siren is not controlled or integrated with Ring Alarm. You can still link your Alarm, Doorbell, and Cameras via the linked devices features, which will allow for recordings or lights to trigger and more. We also offer an indoor Dome Siren on our website.

We always value our neighbor’s feedback and will continue to share it with our teams. Feel free to check out our Feature Request board, where you can share requests like this and more! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There must be a reason that Ring are not implementing this functionality, and i dont believe it to be a technical one.

Is there a way around it using IFTTT to turn the floodlight siren on when the alarm is set off maybe?

4 Likes

+1 - surely a major oversight and easy to integrate? I can’t recommend Ring to friends or family until this is implemented.

4 Likes

Recently got quite a few ring products and actually recommended it to some friends. Probably I shouldn’t! Really disappointed to find out that the siren on the floodlight camera cannot be linked to ring alarm, even not possible if users want to.

3 Likes

Add me to the list of disapointed users . In fact, why cant the alarm just turn on one of the ge outlet plugs and we could wire into that whatever we want, a strobe, siren, etc. This way its not on ring what the device is and its legality. At that point it is left to the end user and you cant tell me that if i can activate and deactivate the device from the ring control app that it cant be programed to do it upon alarm trigger. I am a blogger and will be recording my disapointment with the ring teams lack of concern with its customers in general. This is nothing short of sad.

4 Likes

I have just been looking into everything the ring alarm system can do and was also disappointed to find this as a limitation because I think it would be a killer feature. I have 4 outside cameras with sirens on them, and just ordered the new ring alarm. While it’s not a deal breaker for me, I am hoping it gets added very soon and is not being prevented from being implemented by some lawyer or something.

4 Likes

This should be a feature that is implemented, that seems quite easy. As an electronics engineer and software developer myself I kind of see something as simple as this, especially when you have the API between the alarm and the camera devices already running since they’re allowed to pass recording and light commands.
A lot of the ring device interfunctionality limitations kind of start to seem like greed based business decisions to convince customers to buy the pre-existing single-purpose device, the ring alarm speaker in this example.

5 Likes

This is a feature I too was expecting.
The Ring alarm can activate recording and even turn the light on, yet for some reason Ring developers decided linking the siren was just way too difficult? Good thing they don’t work for NASA otherwise they would have declared that going to the moon is a good idea but will settle for taking a stroll down the street.

So why does a siren feature even exist on the floodlight? Presumably you’re supposed to respond to a motion alert and then manually activate the siren? If that’s the case, surely it will be quicker and simpler to respond to the alert and then just shout “beep beep beep wooo woooo!” down your phone?

So come on Ring, do the right thing please.
While you’re busy doing the right thing, please invent some remote fobs for your alarm system too. I expect that to be more difficult than the siren issue, but that’s never stopped your rivals from accomplishing the task.

7 Likes

I just bit the bullet and purchased Ring alarm. Genuinely I had assumed a external siren link would be available. It’s so disappointing to find this is not possible.

Ring this is a no brainier should not take such a push from the community. Just get it implemented!

6 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I’m a software engineer and for the life of me I can’t figure why this feature isn’t already implemented. There’s abviously no reason from a programmatic standpoint why this can’t be enabled. Please Ring, we spend hundreds to thousands on your equipment with the presumption of not only high quality equipment, but also customer service. So when a large customer base demands a feature, at least stipulate on its probability and not just say “Oh, thanks for the input. I’ll pass it along.” If something really isn’t possible, try extending the reasoning behind the decision to your customers so their not left assuming. Otherwise if it is possible, ENABLE THE FEATURE. We more than deserve this basic functionality.

5 Likes

I too am surprised and clearly disappointed that this isn’t integrated by default. And still, a year after this thread started and many people complained about this, there is no functionality that automatically activates the sirens on the camera’s when the alarm rings.

That said, luckaly for me I have everything configered via Home Assitant as well, so I created automations for it - and that works (with some delay), but still; I expected that this should be working by default when I bought the kit.

3 Likes

As another UK neighbour and happy ring customer was just about to purchase the ring alarm system , but have just cancelled as no floodlight siren to alarm integration. Please , Please push this obvious integration up the developers priority list - surely can’t be that hard :wink:

6 Likes

Another UK customer who needs this integration. Why on earth is it not working yet? Oh, and why is the additional indoor Ring Dome Siren unavailable in the UK? Beginning to regret me recommending the Ring Security system to others.

3 Likes

I too want to add that I totally assumed the cameras’ siren works with the alarm system. A siren sounds only by manual click is quite pointless. Ring, please listen to us and implement this integration.

3 Likes