Ring alarm sucks

I cannot login to my Ring.Com webpage. It says invalid email or password, so many times. I spent 2 hours on the phone with ring ‘experts’ who couldn’t fix the problem or even imagine what could be wrong.

Also my base station is offline (suddenly) after we moved and now won’t connect to any of my networks (ATT fo, ASUS or Linksys). If I hard wire it to one of the modems it shows a successful connection to the internet, a yellow light circles for a minute on the base and then nothing. Since I can’t get on my account with my PC I check the device on the APP ----->OFFLINE!!!

I’ve tried everything, resetting, powering off, all 2.4 g networks and both routers (hardwire). Nothing works.

Ring sucks so badly I have wasted 4 hours trying to set it up in the new house. I left monitors behind, couldn’t even get those deleted from the base station before it went belly up.

I wish I could delete every ring device associated with my account on the app and just start over. I wish Ring would fix my GD webpage so I can log in.

BUT NONE OF THAT IS POSSIBLE.

Next step=trash can

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this experience, @jayhawk996. It looks like there may have been a reported concern with website log in on our status page. It has since been resolved. Are you able to log in at this time? Status.Ring.com keeps our neighbors informed on events, system statuses, and more.

As it sounds like you’ve tried many steps to get your Base Station connected, the next best step will likely be a factory restore. This step is best performed with our support team. May we use the email you used for your Community account to have someone reach out to you?

Hi thanks for the response. I cannot log in with my original credentials. I can log in/out of the app on my phone no problems.

I created a new ring.com account and can log in, but my base station won’t connect. So please if someone wants to email me with the procedure or advice I would appreciate it.

Thank you for confirming this information, @jayhawk996. We definitely want to get this resolved the most efficient way possible for you. It actually looks like you still have an ongoing ticket with our support team. Rather than email, it is actually best to reach out by phone for an in-depth look at these concerns. They will be expecting your reach out, and happy to assist. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I have a similar issue. My login and password works on the ring app on the mobile phone just fine, however get “invalid username or password” when trying to login to my PC hardwired to my broadband router and there is no van.

Login to ring.com on the browser on my phone without WiFi (using mobile data) works just fine

Same feeling here. I tried to post and it doesn’t allow me to post. The website told me: “You are not permitted to view the requested resource”

Anyway, I will try to post here in the reply to vent my frustration.

I have two ring alarms. One in my RV and one at home. The reliability of both are awful.

Both of them will loose their internet connection (and fall back to cellular connection) from time to time, even when the network was working fine, especially the Ring alarm in my RV. When I received the notification of it loosing internet connection, I will do a live view on the ring cameras installed in my RV and most of the time they connect with no problem. So it is just the ring alarm. I have tried both wired and wireless connection. Still the same.

Ring’s cloud service’s reliability also leave much to be desired. There have been several time that I was not able to connect at all from my phone’s Ring app when I was able to do other online stuff like watching YouTube.

This weekend, I left home for a one-day-two-night vacation. While I was away from home, I was never able to lunch Ring app. It always gave me the error “couldn’t load locations”. I have given all permissions to Ring app. Eventually, I uninstalled the app and re-install it, then tried to login. Now I wasn’t able to login at all. After typing my user name and password, the app will spin and try to login and then will just stay at the login page, telling me it couldn’t login (forget the exact error message)

When I arrived home, outside of my door, I tried to login again and it was still not successful, so I wasn’t able to disarm it using my phone app. So I had to open my door, and tried to disarm from the keypad. The keypad just doesn’t recognize the pin, eventually the alarm was triggered.

Then I was trying to disable the alarm. Since I can’t login using my phone app and the keypad doesn’t work either, I had to log in to ring.com from my home computer. While I was logged in and was at the dashboard page for my home ring alarm, the “disarmed, home and away” icons are all greyed out, nothing is clickable. I say that again, they were ALL greyed out!

Then I think the logging in from my computer somehow triggered ring.com to recognize my login from my phone app when I tried to log in again using the app, and only then were I able to disable the alarm.

Just so disappointed and frustrated about Ring alarm’s overall reliability.