"critical configuration error "

I have this error when adding 1 sensor. Tried to reconfig, but it did not help. Replaced battery did not help too. Help!

Hi @malkovic! The best next step here will be to remove this sensor and re-add it. Follow these instructions to remove your Alarm Sensor:

1. In the Ring app, tap Menu , then tap Devices , then tap Alarm Base Station , then tap the sensor you wish to remove.
  2. Tap the Gear icon on the top right corner, then tap Remove , then on the next screen tap **Remove ** again.
  3. Remove the cover from the device and remove the battery from the device.
  4. Wait a few seconds and then reinsert the battery.
  5. The app will let you know the device was removed. You can remove the battery from the sensor until ready to use again.

Once this is complete, try to set it up again, and it should pair successfully! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im having the same problem
Critical configuration error
Followed all the steps and nothing
What’s next?
Please help.

Hi @fata3237. I suggest performing a reset of the sensor. Depending on what sensor you have, this Help Center article here will show you how to perform the reset. Once you’ve done a reset, you can try to pair the sensor to the Base Station. I hope this helps!

1 Like

I have the same problem. Just got alarm 10 piece kit at costco yesterday 90 off. But one of the sensors shows as correctly installed. And also as binary sensor critical configuration error. I tried removing the binary sensor but it says deleted even though it stays there. I tried several times. But it never deletes.

Hi @KJSS. It sounds like there may have been a configuration error when setting up that specific sensor. I would suggest reaching out to our support team for the next best steps.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I get this error while trying to add Z Wave thermostat to ring system

Hi @lindatalbot45. Which model of Z-Wave thermostat are you trying to add to your Ring system, and do you have the Ring Alarm system set up already? The Ring Alarm system is needed as the thermostat would be connecting to the Base Station via Z-Wave.