iphone app sound notification cannot be changed to loud

a furnace repairman opened the front door of my house… the alarm in the house is very loud (as it should be)

the ring system … sent me a push notification text type and an email BFD … on my IPHONE 11 app… there is no way choose an air raid siren … or barking dogs… when some one breaks into my house … SHAME ON YOU RING… this is a serious safety issue…

… but ring sent me an email … WTF

if i walk by a camera … i can tell the app to produce barking dogs or air raid siren on my phone.

or am i missing a setting… i called the help line the person said … hmmmm i see the settings for the cameras … (barking dogs …air raid siren) but NO YOU CANNOT SET THAT for when someone breaks into my house… the system only send you an email when that happens

1 Like

Hi @jan3. Push notifications for the Ring Alarm system are not customizable at this time. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. However, you are able to receive notifications even if your phone is in Do Not Disturb by following the steps in this Help Center Article here. Additionally, if the Entry Delay is triggered the siren will not alarm until after the Entry Delay finishes. I hope that helps clear things up! :slight_smile:

it does clear things up !!! this is useless …

i am a hack coder myself … you have the code already written for the changing the iphone app notifications and sound level on the cameras … do you want to hire me to copy paste the code to the base station…

Ring is a big company … make this right !!!

please answer the question why… this is not done …

and yes i already have the push to do not disturb turned on…