how to get rid of tampered sensor after battery change

Hello,

I have a first gen contact sensor. After replacing the battery the tampered message still shows. I removed the front cover, removed the old battery, put the new one in, put the front cover on until it snapped into place. Is there something else I need to do to make it work again?

Thanks,

Troy

Hi @troy37. When a Contact Sensor reads as tampered, it means that the cover is not fully down and or not registered as closed. This can be due to a broken piece of the sensor or in the event that the cover was not put on properly. If you have ensured that the cover is on fully and you look in your app and the sensor still says tampered, please try putting some pressure down on top of the sensor. Whilst of putting down pressure, if you find that it is online and no longer tampered, please contact our support team further for this. They may need to troubleshoot the device further to ensure everything else is fine with your system, and then possibly replace the sensor due to the cover being broken if they find this to be the case. Hope this helps!

If you contact support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how it goes for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like