Contact sensors and moisture

My bathroom window is located in the shower. Will a contact sensor still work with daily showering? If not, perhaps this is an item the Team could look into for the future

Hi @itsjustme. We don’t recommend placing your Contact Sensor in an area with excessive humidity, as it could impact the device’s functionality. Although, it’s a great suggestion, and we’ll pass it on to the team.

1 Like

We also have this as an issue. The bathroom window, located in the shower, is the most vulnerable entry location for our house. It would be great to a moisture-resistant sensor

2 Likes

Hey neighbors. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

1 Like

Try my solution. Cheap, easy and you have fresh breath.

DIY Ring Contact Sensor Housing

The large z-wave sensor fits nearly perfectly in a tic tac box!. Nice and cheap water proof, clear container. Once you remove the lable it looks pretty good also.

The small part of the sensor is just a magnet so it should not need a housing. Just for giggles I popped small sensor housing and ran a very small amount of caulk on the magnet to prevent rusting. It should be fine exposed to the elements.

3 Likes

Sounds like ring should make a case out of the tictac box and charge $20 for it.

Thanks for the advice will be buying a box of tictacs next time I’m at the store.

Have there been any developments on this? I want to add a sensor to my bathroom window as well, and whist I admire the ingenuity of the Tictac box I’d like a solution that’s supported by Ring.

The Outdoor Contact Sensor is a great solution for mounting in unique environments, that might be exposed to elements. The Outdoor Contact Sensor has a weather resistant IP66 rating, and can operate from temperatures -4°F to 120°F (-20°C to 49°C). I hope this helps! :slight_smile: