Connect base station to chime pro

I had base station setup in the garage, far from router. It had weak signal so I got the chime pro. I don’t see how to connect it to the chime pro though. In the app I see I can change the connection for cameras to the chime pro, but it isn’t giving that option for base station. Help!

Hi @Mjtaxpro! The Chime Pro is only compatible with Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras. It will not work with the Smart Lighting or Alarm system at this time. For optimal performance, we recommend locating the Base Station close to your router with minimal interference in between, or even via ethernet if possible, as this is the main hub that controls communications with all your other Alarm devices.

There is a Range Extender for the Alarm system, but it extends Zwave signal to your other Alarm devices, rather than wifi signal. If you were placing your Base Station in the garage for the siren coverage, keep in mind that the Keypad also will sound a siren and you can have multiple Keypads at one location. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any future thoughts to having it connect to the base station, would like to extend the chirps from the door through out the house without having to get multiple key pads

1 Like

I am interested in having extended chirps from base station when my exterior doors are open. I have the chime which will not connect. What are my other options? I really do not want key pads. Will a siren work?

Hi @Kenneth2daily. A great option would be to integrate a Amazon Alexa device. You can use something like an Echo Dot, coupled with a Routine, to make “chirps” for specific areas. Check out this Community Post here for a great example of how this can work.

1 Like