another "can't connect devices" post

I made the mistake of successfully registering/connecting my new 2nd Gen Ring 8-piece kit (well, 7 of them anyhow).

I learned that I have to disconnect from one account to add them to the other. I removed the base station from account where I registered the 8-piece kit. All gone.

Move to the “right” account and have no problems connecting to base station but nothing else is connecting. I’ve scanned QR codes and rescanned, I have reset and rebooted, I’ve seen the message about calling support up until 8pm PST then called and of course they’re closed (though the message says something about CET). Anyhow, this going in circles with Ring is getting old fast - and I only got the package today.

Any ideas? the “add device” “screen” shows all my devices that are around (4 sensors and the keypad, all of course 2nd gen). FWIW, my doorbell 2 is connected again just fine so network is good. I connected to live video to confirm and it’s fine. The doorbell was on the original (correct) account.

Thoughts?

thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear about this @neila_steve! Once an Alarm system is setup, registered, and Alarm devices are connected on an account, it must be unregistered prior to moving to a new account for best results.

The best method to accomplish this will be to remove all Alarm devices prior to removing the Base Station.

1. In the Ring app, tap Menu , then tap Devices , then tap Alarm Base Station , then tap the sensor you wish to remove.
  2. Tap the Gear icon on the top right corner, then tap Remove , then on the next screen tap **Remove ** again
  3. For Contact Sensor and Motion Sensor removing and reinserting the battery during the removing step, will successfully remove it. For the Keypad, holding the 1 key during the removal step will successfully remove it.

These steps would need to be performed on the Base Station while linked to the original account you set it up on. You can also reset your Alarm devices to see if this might help them complete a setup. Those steps can be found in this help center article.

If this does not obtain what you are looking for, our support team will be more than happy to assist! Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

hello and thank you for the template reply. We had unregistered as mentioned and as I mentioned in my post I had tried support a few times but did not reach anyone and the system, despite being during “open” hours, disconnected us after informing us that support was closed.

this is a very frustrating process.