ZCombo First Alert not showing notifications

Hi, i have several ZCombo First alarms on each floors of the house, which used to show notifications in the ring app when i was testing them.

But since a couple of weeks, it stopped showing any notifications, and the status shows “Cleared” in the app.

I have tried to reset the ZCombo Z-Wave settings and add them again with no success.

Anyone had the same issue ?

Thanks,

Hey @Ymcdonald. Do you know what this push alert looked like before? The only alerts the First Alert Smoke/CO Detector sends should be for detecting smoke or CO. In addition, when you see the app saying “Cleared,” this just means that it is in a standby and normal state where it has not detected and alarming from either Smoke or CO.

I would expect to receive low battery notifications as well. I could only confirm a low battery condition by navigating to the device in the app. That’s multiple steps and can easily be missed. If you are away from the house you’ll never know the battery low condition exists until it is too late.

Hey @Napochan, happy to chime in for Chelsea here. Since the First Alert is a third-party device, we do not currently have the support for low-battery notifications to be sent via the Ring App. Feel free to share this suggestion on our Feature Request board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile: