Z Wave Smoke\CO Alarm that's hardwired and compatible with Ring? Halo brand?

Hello All,

I’ve been searching around. I see there’s a First Alert that would work, except it’s battery operated.

Halo has one that would fit. Has anyone tested it? Any other make models that anyone has tested?

Thank you,

Cruzen2011

Im not sure there’s a compatible hardwired version yet but you could try the listener. You would only need one as long as your smoke/co alarms are connected to each other

1 Like

Hi Dan. Thank you for this information. I considered that as well. Just seeing if there are options\products I didn’t consider. Please keep any ideas coming. Thank you again for your input. Cruzen2011

I just checked the work with ring section in their website and there’s no other smoke alarm listed.

Currently there are no other options that work within the ring ecosystem itself that are wired. The wireless combo detectors are reasonably priced and work great. I’ve had mine installed for almost five years (most with a previous alarm system.)

If you have a wired or wirless system that are interconnected (when one goes off they all do) you would just need one listner.

I recently purchased Ring and am looking for exactly what the OP is looking for. It’s been a while since this thread was active so figured I would ask again…Anyone know of a smoke alarm that can be hardwired and is Ring compatible? I need new fire alarms so not looking to purchase listners and alarms. If I end up having to go that route, how would I know if I need a listner for each alarm? Thanks in advance!

Hi @gilamonster44. We currently only offer wireless Smoke/CO alarms for the Ring Alarm system. If you were to use a hardwired system, the Ring Smoke and CO Listeners would be a great choice. The Listeners need to be positioned within 6 inches of the Smoke and CO alarm. For best results, 1 Listener per Smoke and CO alarm. Then you can custom name each Listener to the corresponding room/Smoke and CO alarm location. It is also important to note that in order for the Smoke and CO Listener to work, your Smoke and CO alarms must produce a temporal 3 and temporal 4 tone. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I am going to wait for a bit to see if a wired version becomes available. That way I don’t need listeners in addition to detectors.

Any idea if this type of device is in the works? If you don’t know, no worries. Just curious.

Thanks,

Scott

1 Like

Tom - is this still the case? Either go with:

• FirstAlert approved battery operated
  • any hardwired with battery backup and the Ring listeners (as long as the device we get produces 3/4 tones)

Thanks

We currently have the Smoke and Co combo available and the Listener. These are indeed still wireless, but you may find interest in the Alarm Retrofit Kit depending on which wired devices you have.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Out of interest is a hardwired version now available? I need to replace all my smoke alarms and since they’re HW I think they have to be replaced with HW.

Hi @Luckywales, happy to chime in here. The First Alert Z-Wave Smoke/CO Alarm is powered using 2 AA batteries, which are included with the device. There is not a hardwired option available. If you choose to replace your existing smoke/CO alarms with different hardwired models, you can use the Ring Alarm Smoke/CO Listeners near them to get alerts via the Ring app when they are triggered.

Battery powered detectors with removable/replaceable batteries are illegal to sell or use where I live; they must either be hard-wired or use a non-replaceable battery with a 10+ year lifespan. The detectors you sell use AA batteries and thus do not meet fire codes in an increasing number of places. Any chance of Ring releasing a detector I can actually use?

Hi @PhilP. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

Also, Ring product announcements can be found here when available.

Since this comes up in searches, linking to the existing Feature request, so others can up vote:

1 Like

Hi @dmaister. Thank you for sharing that feature request here so other neighbors can easily find it and add their comment and vote. :slight_smile:

+1 for a hardwired Smoke and CO alarm solution.

I understand there is a listener available however this is not a helpful solution since it needs to be within 6 inches of the alarm – my problem is that my detectors/alarms are located on 22 foot or higher ceilings in many case (I have 12 total detectors in my house) – so I cannot use a battery-powered solution of any kind. It MUST be hardwired, with battery backup. Putting a battery powered listener right next to a hardwired alarm simply creates the exact “impossible-to-reach battery” problem I need to avoid, plus it doubles the amount of “Stuff” stuck on my walls/ceilings.

It’s a glaring, massive, miss, for Ring to not have a hardwired solution for this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.