Yale Assure Lock with Z-Wave lock not working

It seems I can unlock from the dashboard however tapping on the unlocked Yale icon says “Unlocking” again and doesn’t toggle. If it is already locked it does correctly show the “Locked” status. If I go into devices, Ring base station and choose the lock the Lock toggle in the top section is able to lock and unlock the Yale lock. Should the dashboard icon be able to toggle the lock instead of having to dig all the way into devices?

Hi @westwind, we implemented an update to the app in order to fix this! If you could make sure your Ring app is updated to the current 5.23 version via the app store, then you should see this quality improve. If not, please remove the Ring app from your phone, restart your phone and then reinstall the app. Once that’s done, log back in and let me know if the dashboard preview is working as it should for your lock!

That worked! thanks!

1 Like

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Droid Play Store and My Yale Real Living YRD220ZW is still not unlocking when I use the ring app. It added to the Ring app without any known errors.

Hi @DaBorgz! Does the lock work when using the lock branded app? If you setup a pin or key code in the app, try using this code to see if this is successful as well. The results of this will be a good indicator of the lock’s communication abilities.

I recommend also trying to remove the lock and setup again, to see if this improves lock integration. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: