Window sensor not updating on dashboard

The dashboard alarm status is not updating. My window sensor status on the dashboard showed open when it was actually closed. To cause the update I had to arm the system then disarm. The window sensor the disappeared as it should have shown. Generation 1 equipment.

Hi @Ring_wes. You may want to remove the Contact Sensor from your system and add it back in to make sure it’s working properly. You can also find some troubleshooting steps in our Help Center Article here. If that doesn’t resolve this concern, you’ll want to reach out to our support team directly so they can take a closer look. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I added and removed the sensor, but problem still exists. I noticed the dash board doesn’t update when I go from Armed to disarmed. After disarmed, the status still displays ARMED.

@Ring_wes Have you tried uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App? If that doesn’t resolve this concern, you’ll want to follow up with our support team directly so they can take a look at this for you. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. :slight_smile:

Thanks!