Why isn't their any wired smoke / carbon monoxide detectors?

Hello,

I’d like to replace the old wired smoke detectors in my house with something that is Ring compatible. So far, I can only find battery powered versions. I can certainly buy a Ring “listener” and new wired smoke detectors, but it seems silly. Is anyone aware of a reason for this?

1 Like

First Alert Z-Wave Smoke/CO Alarm

$40.00 Regular price

Add extra protection from smoke and carbon monoxide with First Alert® alarms. Place them around your home for complete peace of mind, and get safety alerts when smoke or carbon monoxide is detected.

Works With Ring Features:

• Receive real-time notifications in the Ring App when smoke or carbon monoxide is detected
  • Automatically notifies our professional monitoring team to dispatch emergency responders to your home (requires Ring Protect Plus)
1 Like

No answer from any Ring Rep?

Hi neighbors. The Community is a neighbor-to-neighbor platform and isn’t a direct line to support, but I’d be happy to share some information with you! We recently released the Ring Alarm Outdoor Siren, which you can find listed on our website here. It can be battery-powered (D-cell batteries included), hardwired to a power source or connected to a Ring Solar Panel (requires a Quick Release Battery Pack, sold separately). You can find more information in our Help Center Article here as well. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Actually, he was looking for something that appears to be a bit of a Snark. It seems like it SHOULD exist but for some reason, it doesn’t.

We want a WIRED (not battery-powered) version of the First Alert Z-wave Smoke/CO detector that @4SO mentioned above. I have two of those for the places I didn’t have a wired version. I have old Smoke/CO detector upstairs that needs replacing. I would prefer one that didn’t take batteries (other than for backup) and since I have the wiring to that spot, I want a wired one. The OP question is a good one – why do these seem to not exist!?

I’ve heard there’s a gizmo you can install that will use a normal, wired smoke alarm and be rigged to trigger Ring, but come on–that’s just dumb. It makes no sense that this doesn’t exist.

Hi neighbors. As of now, we do not have a Ring-branded wired smoke/co detector. We do not have any information on why one has not been made or when one will be released. I was able to find this Feature Request post where other neighbors are asking for the same product. Feel free to vote and comment there. It helps us organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place

As an alternative, we do have a Ring Alarm Smoke and CO Listener, which will work with other third-party smoke and CO detectors. This Help Center page will provide you with further information on the device.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.