cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to automatically lock doors when Ring Alarm is armed (Stay or Away)

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Want to automatically lock doors when Ring Alarm is armed (Stay or Away)

I have recently installed Ring Alarm and replaced one of my electronic deadbolts with a Z-Wave model supported by Ring Alarm.  The integration of the new deadbolt into Ring Alarm was an easy and uneventful process.

I see there is functionality to Arm/Disarm Ring Alarm by using the electronic deadbolt, but the functionality I am looking for is to automatically ensure all doors are locked whenever I Arm the Ring Alarm.  I have had ADT and XFinity Home alarm systems, both of which offered this functionality; I am disappointed Ring Alarm does not appear to offer this setting.

I have already checked IFTTT to see if it would be possible to setup a work-around, but Ring Alarm hooks are basically non-existent in IFTTT.

Any suggestions from the community (or more desirable, the addition of this functionality by Ring) would be welcome!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Want to automatically lock doors when Ring Alarm is armed (Stay or Away)

Hi @HumesRW! You'll be happy to see this is indeed possible, and it sounds like you are doing everything correctly to obtain this integration. As long as the lock used is compatible, successfully setup, and your Ring app is up to date, you should be able to arm/ disarm via your lock.

Check out our help center article for more information and the steps for achieving this functionality. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This IS NOT the solution I am looking for. I want the Alarm to initiate the locking of the doors, NOT the locks to arm/disarm the alarm.
Highlighted
Community Manager

At this time the smart lock integration can be used to arm/ disarm the Alarm system, however, the Alarm changing and armed status will not unlock your locks. Similar to how, if multiple locks exist in one home, using the pin code to unlock a lock and disarm the Alarm system will not also unlock all of the other locks on site. 

As we value our neighbors' feedback, we've created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.