cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(UK) Ring Alarms goes into 3G mode every evening at 11.04pm, and back to WiFi at 6.04am

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

(UK) Ring Alarms goes into 3G mode every evening at 11.04pm, and back to WiFi at 6.04am

Hi all,

For the last 5 days straight, my ring alarm (UK based) has jumped onto 3G backup at 11.04 exactly, and then reconnected to Wifi at 6.04am. I believe this happened straight after an update after a power off (although I can't find any diagnostics on either the upgrade or the errors).

I have tried;

1. Switching Wifi AP's between 2 different AP's

2. Switching from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz

3. Reboot of base station

I have other ring devices running on wifi that remain connected. The alaram base station IP address is DHCP reserved (and has a long lease length), so I don't believe it's address related. I'm also 99% sure my router doesn't disconnect it with some strange timed base rule.

Next steps are;

1. Hard wire to ethernet to prove wifi issue or not

2. Factory reset - engineers fix Smiley Happy 

Has anyone elese experienced this as all? Any help appreciated!

Regards, Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: (UK) Ring Alarms goes into 3G mode every eveing at 11.04pm, and back to WiFi at 6.04am

You know I said 99% right - well writing this got me thinking. Turns out that I had an old firewall rule to prevent my son using Wifi overnight - he's off to uni now, and guess what picked up his phones IP address Smiley Happy DOH!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: (UK) Ring Alarms goes into 3G mode every eveing at 11.04pm, and back to WiFi at 6.04am

You know I said 99% right - well writing this got me thinking. Turns out that I had an old firewall rule to prevent my son using Wifi overnight - he's off to uni now, and guess what picked up his phones IP address Smiley Happy DOH!

View solution in original post