The Ring Keypad almost stopped me from getting the system....

I just wanted to share my thoughts on the ring keypad. The keypad almost stopped me from getting the system (in fact, it delayed my purchase by months). In the store, the key pad looked and felt cheap, and was somewhat gawdy looking. I did find that the actual keypad feels more sturdy then the in store display which was nice. The labels for home, away, off, are terrible. They look very similar, and my family can’t figure out which one to press. The panic feature is great, but not sure a two button press is practical. Maybe a recessed panic button in the future.

I also would like to see the next keypad have a built in motion sensor for the alarm, a fourth button for a custom mode or night mode, and something either smaller or a little nicer looking.

In the end, I am very happy with my system, but wanted to share my hesitation.

3 Likes

Thanks for your review on the Alarm Keypad. We greatly value our neighbors’ first impressions and thoughts on our products, as we are always looking to improve your ‘Ring of security’.

The two button panic press was a popular inquiry, which is why we now have the SOS feature in the app and the Panic Button device. We will be adding to these panic/duress features in the near future so keep an eye out.

I’m happy you gave the Alarm a chance and hope you are thoroughly enjoying the peace of mind it brings.

1 Like

I purchased my kit from Best Buy, came with 2 keypads and I think the older bu¡ld quality was much better than the new ones they have… After they both failed and ring sent a replacement, the replacements look like they came from a clown house in terms of drop in bu¡ld quality. The replacement keypad buttons are significantly looser, think like crooked teeth or a puzzle, all of them jumbled up. Pressing the buttons makes me feel like they’re going to start popping off already. The replacements take quite a moment longer to announce alarm status when dis/arming. I was thinking of writing a review about it, I’m relieved that I’m not the only one.

Pictured: the keypad on top with the straight keys is the old one, I couldn’t make the keys crooked at all.

PS, why is “bu¡ld“ a bad word? Y’all are a bit excessive with these bad word lists…

1 Like

Thank you for adding your observations about the keypad . The buttons are meant to have a slight spacing between each to make pin entries easy and to prevent false alarms. Due to their size, shape, and layout, they may wiggle in place but I can assure you the buttons are firmly attached.

In regards to the words filter, we are always working to fine tune the list and will certainly take a further look into this for you. Thanks!

Just to be clear, i have no issue with the gap between the buttons, my feedback was regarding the difference in the gaps from the old keypads to the new keypads gaps being significantly more crooked and buttons are noticeably looser as seen in the side by side pictures i took

I am a property manager for short term rentals and have Ring cameras on all 48 properties and the Ring Alarm System on about 10 properties (other properties have other alarm companies that were installed prior to my finding out about the Ring Alarm System). These 10 properties are the ONLY properties that I have consistent issues with as the Alarm Panel is not very user friendly and is extremely confusing with the X, and the Checkmark, and the X in the shield. Everyone ALWAYS pressed the X on the number 7 to disarm - we’ve put together videos, instructions, and even put a red sticker labeled “DISARM” over the disarm button - but still very confusing to guests.

PLEASE come out with a better, more user friendly and simpler keypad. Something with just the numbers, and an OFF button or only 1 X.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Community, @StephU! We are always working to improve and add to our features and devices. Using stickers and instructions was a great idea! I wanted to also share with you our help center article with further visuals on the Keypad.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile: