cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service...

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Terrible customer service...

I've been trying to return an order for 2 weeks now...the Ring Cams will NOT notifiy you if they go offline which, from my perspective, is crazy. As such, I am returning the spotlight cams and the full Ring security system inside of my return window. 

I initiated this return over 2 weeks ago; within a few days, they sent me a pre-paid shipping label. I used this label on the original box used by Ring to ship me the order. After a few days the Post Office returned the box saying they could not accept that shipping label as the package had Lithium batteries...it must be shipped by ground. 

I've had 3 different support people and 1 supervisor over the course of the past 8 days promise me that I'd be getting the ground shipping label sent out in "24-48 hours" or "you'll have it tomorrow"....and yet here I am, still without a way to ship the order back. 

As I write this, I've been on the phone with Ring (mostly on hold) for 51 minutes and counting. No manager or VP is available to speak with me. They are now telling me to NOT return the 3 extra lithium batteries, and to use the original pre-paid air postage and they will refund all of my money....I can keep the batteries. Wow, ok. Seems like sending a ground shipping label should be much easier and more cost effective, but whatever.

I will say the people with whom I've spoken have been very nice and curtious....but Ring's systems and processes are seriously bad.

Sorry Ring, you've lost this customer and I'd sure have trouble suggesting to anyone that they should purchase your products...

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Terrible customer service...

Sorry to hear about your experience, @olbiii . Unfortunately, this is not a support forum and we are unable to help further. Please continue to work with our support team in getting your devices sent back. Feel free to check out our Community Guidelines if you have further questions. Thank you for your patience. 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Understood...it was more an attempt to elevate the awareness within Ring of the poor customer experience.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Their service IS terrible, I don’t know why they opened a community support forum if all they’re going to do is us it to hire soccer moms to post silly videos and nag at people they don’t like because we’re providing REAL FEEDBACK to the company and bringing their faults to light

Highlighted
Neighbor II

It's not a support forum. This is a community to help each other if possible. Customer support is customer support. I mod for a cellphone manufacturer. I hear the same thing there. If you want customer support, you have to call them. If the support isn't good to you I'd complain to them or corporate. Sometimes you need to go to the top. Believe me, it works.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just bought nearly $2K in Ring equipment and I've not opened a box and already feel like I made a huge mistake. The more I read the more I worry that Ring is NOT a good choice. It's not just this forum. Other reviewer sites are nearly unanimous that RING customer service is awful. I experienced two calls with customer service this week and it was not good. They promised a resolution that never happened and still hasn't happened. I had to call again tonight and am waiting to see if there's any actual follow through. I've not opened the boxes yet. Need to pay close attention to the return window. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @JohnsonL333. I'm happy to help with any concerns, comments, and questions you have may. If possible, could I know what your situation with our support team is? I'm happy to look more into this for you and ensure you are getting the proper follow up. Hope to hear back from you soon! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Chelsea, thank you but I'm awaiting return labels.

The culture of poor service has already been too much

...to risk going past the 30 day return window.

I've seen enough to know that Ring isn't for me.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@JohnsonL333 Thank you for giving me more detail! When did you call last to get this addressed? Once a label is created by our support team, it can take up to 48 business hours to reach your email inbox. In addition, you should be able to create a support label from the Narvar link in our support article here. I presume you may have already done this, but wanted to offer just in case! In the event that you do not get a return label on Monday, please let us know. I will make sure to follow up accordingly with you on this, as I am happy to do so! 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Wow, I'm having the same problem with Ring.  

I emailed Ring twice right before they took off their email contact on their website.  Somehow, I can't find it anymore or I'm looking at wrong place.  I tried searching under the search box.

I accidentally placed the order twice.  They want 30 minutes window time to cancel which is terrible.  I did not do that until next day and realize it's too late.  So, I emailed them to cancel the order and they never responded so they shipped the product 3 DAYS after I contacted them.  Now, I'm having to pay 24 dollars to just ship it back.  

I still have not got my refund after shipping it back 2 weeks ago.  I would prefer not to call and plan to dispute the credit card charge (The credit card company is awesome at helping out) soon so I can get the full refund (321 dollars).  What a waste of time and money.  If they don't fix this then I'm definitely going to a different route in a year from now when the monitoring system is offline.

If they would at least just simply respond to an EMAIL! I wish they would add online chat to make it easier.