Terrible customer servicec

Sorry to hear about your experience, @olbiii . Unfortunately, this is not a support forum and we are unable to help further. Please continue to work with our support team in getting your devices sent back. Feel free to check out our Community Guidelines if you have further questions. Thank you for your patience.

Understood…it was more an attempt to elevate the awareness within Ring of the poor customer experience.

8 Likes

Their service IS terrible, I don’t know why they opened a community support forum if all they’re going to do is us it to hire soccer moms to post silly videos and nag at people they don’t like because we’re providing REAL FEEDBACK to the company and bringing their faults to light

7 Likes

It’s not a support forum. This is a community to help each other if possible. Customer support is customer support. I mod for a cellphone manufacturer. I hear the same thing there. If you want customer support, you have to call them. If the support isn’t good to you I’d complain to them or corporate. Sometimes you need to go to the top. Believe me, it works.

4 Likes

I just bought nearly $2K in Ring equipment and I’ve not opened a box and already feel like I made a huge mistake. The more I read the more I worry that Ring is NOT a good choice. It’s not just this forum. Other reviewer sites are nearly unanimous that RING customer service is awful. I experienced two calls with customer service this week and it was not good. They promised a resolution that never happened and still hasn’t happened. I had to call again tonight and am waiting to see if there’s any actual follow through. I’ve not opened the boxes yet. Need to pay close attention to the return window.

5 Likes

Hey @JohnsonL333. I’m happy to help with any concerns, comments, and questions you have may. If possible, could I know what your situation with our support team is? I’m happy to look more into this for you and ensure you are getting the proper follow up. Hope to hear back from you soon! :slight_smile:

Chelsea, thank you but I’m awaiting return labels.

The culture of poor service has already been too much

…to risk going past the 30 day return window.

I’ve seen enough to know that Ring isn’t for me.

Thank you.

1 Like

@JohnsonL333 Thank you for giving me more detail! When did you call last to get this addressed? Once a label is created by our support team, it can take up to 48 business hours to reach your email inbox. In addition, you should be able to create a support label from the Narvar link in our support article here. I presume you may have already done this, but wanted to offer just in case! In the event that you do not get a return label on Monday, please let us know. I will make sure to follow up accordingly with you on this, as I am happy to do so!

1 Like

Wow, I’m having the same problem with Ring.

I emailed Ring twice right before they took off their email contact on their website. Somehow, I can’t find it anymore or I’m looking at wrong place. I tried searching under the search box.

I accidentally placed the order twice. They want 30 minutes window time to cancel which is terrible. I did not do that until next day and realize it’s too late. So, I emailed them to cancel the order and they never responded so they shipped the product 3 DAYS after I contacted them. Now, I’m having to pay 24 dollars to just ship it back.

I still have not got my refund after shipping it back 2 weeks ago. I would prefer not to call and plan to dispute the credit card charge (The credit card company is awesome at helping out) soon so I can get the full refund (321 dollars). What a waste of time and money. If they don’t fix this then I’m definitely going to a different route in a year from now when the monitoring system is offline.

If they would at least just simply respond to an EMAIL! I wish they would add online chat to make it easier.

2 Likes

Hi @azin88. This is not at all the experience we intend, and are here to assist. As we value your security and your privacy, billing or account specific inquiries are best handled with our support team. Ring offers a 30-day refund policy from the date you receive your order to request a full refund.

Check out our help center article containing the return policy and a link for you to start this return process. Keep in mind, Ring’s response to Covid-19 included changes to some operations such as email and chat support availability. Nevertheless, our support team is more than happy to assist you further with this!

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hello Marley,

I did the return policy link and put my number and never qualified to return to begin after they shipped the product. It must have been a glitch so I returned it with 24 dollars on my credit card, it was literally right after it came to my door. I tried calling support but was on hold for two long.

If you actually would be nice to respond to my email twice then none of this problem would have happenned. I emailed them to cancel it and 3 days later, they shipped it.

I’m very disappointed in Ring. If you provided the email on the website then why didn’t you respond to both of my emails? I don’t care about this COVID-19 situtation, I happen to be the last ones to probably got the email address on the website. You SHOULD have responded to it. Why is it so hard not to respond if it was provided on the website before it was taken down? I mean why? It was a simple question in the mail. It tells me you guys are too lazy to respond to my email or didn’t even care.

So, nothing has been fixed, even been on hold too long over the phone. I rather for Ring to email me personally to apologize. I have already disputed this charge on my credit card so they will take care of it. Truly disappointed in your company for not communicating effectively.

We all know email is far easier than over the phone. My guess is you over the phone is easier as there are no logs on file on the customer’s side while email does.

1 Like

I recently had a terrible experience with customer service as well via the chat function. The person on the other end was not understanding and somewhat argumentative with the paying customer. My trial period had just expired and I could no longer access old videos, even after I purhcased the Basic Plan (1-day late). There was no warning or indication that I would not have access to that history, if I did not purchase the basic plan prior to the trial period expiring. Most companies/apps/etc will at least push you a notification when there’s a something that will be gone completely. The person on the other end did not seem to understand that frustration and continued to argue without apologizing or at the very least acknowleding a customers frustration. Very disappointed.

1 Like

I agree, it is like a show comedy routine …costumer service hears my question but the answer makes no sense…i.e.: Q- “Is it possible to schedule a time for pick up of the item that I am returning? A- “We are going to send you a new label”… WTF???

I do not recommend Ring! Customer service is horrible. If you want spend hours on the phone with no resolution, being told one thing then having anothing happen, keep buying ring. If you try to add new products after having ring products for years, they will have compatibility issues. (Tech help says: when adding newer products it sometimes causes problems with old products). Dont worry, your warrantied, we will send you a replacement…a month later no news…call again…make us go through hours on the phone again, saying they have no records (…) finally talk to technical support, says we need to go through whole trouble shooting process again. says product is no longer warrantied and no replacement will be sent. btw they then go to say: we will give you a discount code to buy a new product…wait wait…oh sorry sir no discount codes are available…what the…anyways…cant wait for my neighbours and friends to ask me how I like my ring products! On the positive side, they will all be saving some money!

2 Likes

OMG - I havent seen this type of terrible customer service before. My money is at stake. They delivered the products to a different address. I spoke with two individuals to help me but both of them were atrocious, one of their names was Ann. I will go to lawyer for a legal course of action for the pain I am going through and the money I lost.

2 Likes

Yes! By far the worst customer service that I’ve ever dealt with in life… It’s laughable really how these people conduct business… I made an order about 2 weeks ago… After I checked out the site made me aware that shipments may take 24-48 hrs to ship… 4 days later I get mail… They gave me a keypad to an alarm system… A couple days later I got a motion sensor… If your keeping count that is 2 pieces of my 14piece alarm kit… I called and complained and was told that I would get a call back… That call never happened… I called them back and was told that the rest of my stuff is out for delivery… 3 days later I got 2 more packages… Each box had a 2 piece door and window sensor in it… Called and complained and this is where they start telling me I should have my atuff and its been delivered and that they have to call me back… Every time that they call me back they say “the rest of it is getting ready to be shipped out”… They ship it out and I check the mail and its just another piece of the set… I could take the to court for this… If I didnt call and complain the wouldn’t even be shipping the rest of my stuff out… All they can say is I understand sir… This is the worst experience ever… Still don’t have my alarm system… They had no problem taking my money and lying about it being shipped 24-48 hrs… I though a kit was a unit… How is a unit being sent to me piece by piece… And the pieces are only being sent to me because I’m complaining about not receiving them…

2 Likes

Hi Neighbors. To build upon what Marley said, at Ring, we are always striving to improve your experience. If your concerns are not being met during a support call, you can ask to speak to a supervisor or our level 2 support.

1 Like

Same issue is still happening to customers. Call in a failed device, after an hour of phone call finally agree it’s failed and to send a replacement…for some reason buying one ships same day, but a replacement is a week. Then 2 weeks later it still isn’t here and calls to customer service offer that there will be an email in 24-48 hours from shipping. If you ask for a supervisor, they just say they will tell you the same thing and disconnect.
Repeated calls to customer service with no additional help.
If you haven’t installed your ring yet, save yourself and buy from somebody else.

3 Likes

Same for me. Device failed, Ring support ordered a free replacement since I’m on their Ring Pro subscription plan (and it took a bit of back-and-forth to get to get the replacement order, but that’s another story). Was told it would arrive in 5 business days, and 2 weeks later it hasn’t shipped yet and Ring can’t tell me why. (first attempt to contact CS about this, was spun in circles and just told “you will be contacted shortly”, whatever ‘shortly’ means I don’t know. 2nd attempt - started chatted with CS agent, granted them access to my account as requested, and then they never responded back. Chat was automatically terminated after 30mins of inactivity from the CS agent. 3rd attempt - the support person said they’d escalate to the shipping department since it hadn’t shipped yet, but that team is busy so couldn’t give any confident info on when I’d hear back)… So I’ll just keep waiting, I guess.

2 Likes

Sorry but I have to add to the chorus of TERRIBLE customer service. I am still putting up sensors and one of the sensors is repeatedly falling apart. The battery case falls off the sliding plate. All other sensors are nice and tight but this one is very loose and will not snap shut snugly. I spent 40 minutes on the phone with a Ring representative explaining that it had NOTHING to do with the double stick tape or where I position it. If I move the device the battery pack will STILL be loose on the plate because it does not fit properly! To not avail. I finally hung up on her, frustrated and ready to just return the entire system. They made no attempt to swap it out or make it right. Just stupid suggestions that have nothing to do with the problem. Feeling sorry now I didn’t go with another vendor…

3 Likes