Temporarily disable motion sensor?

I just bought the security system that came with two motion detectors for inside the house. I’ve played around with them a little bit but I have a question.

I have two large huskies, one is 65lb and the other is 95lb. I had to lower the sensitivity to the lowest setting so that they would not constantly trigger it. But in testing the lowest system (having my dog go down the hallway) I can’t seem to get a good idea of it low enough for the dogs. I have the system set in disarm mode, so I have that 3 minute reset period.

My question is whether I can temporarily disable the motion sensor. For example, if I’m going to leave but my dogs are inside, can I disable just those sensors so that my dogs do not set it off, but the door and window sensors are still armed? Then if I leave and my dogs are being boarded, I would have the motion sensors active.

Does that make sense?

1 Like

The simple way is to just arm the system in “stay” mode, even if you are leaving. Just like you are home indise the house. The permiemter sensors will be armed but the motion sensors not.

You can set any sensor to be armed in “stay” and/or “away” mode. By default, then motion sensors are set to arm only in “away” mode.

1 Like

Good question @AlphaDog! There is an option to exclude sensors/ motion detectors from an armed mode in the app. To do this, tap the menu in the Ring app (top left), select settings, select modes, and then select “Home” or “Away”. The “Home” and “Away” modes will have the option to choose which sensors are included in the mode. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you folks! That did it for me perfectly!

2 Likes

Have done this repeatedly and always gets “Save Failed” error and goes back to all sensors armed.

Hi @BobY2023. Please make sure your Ring app is fully updated to the latest version available, and any VPNs on your phone are disabled while using the Ring app. If this issue persists, you can get in touch with our support team at one of the numbers available here. Make sure to request to speak with the Ring Alarm team specifically as well. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.