Switching from "Away/Home" to "Home" via keypad.

Hello, new user here. If I’ve overlooked something I appologize. I realize we can switch instantly from “Away” to “Home” (albeit initiating the exit delay which seems a little silly) on the app but not from the keypad without having to disarm the system first. Then we have to re-enter the code and activate “Home” mode which then initiates an exit delay (necessary for us) before arming again. Basically, I want to be able to walk into my home enter my code and change the state of arm to “Home”, immediately! Am I missing something?

And why does the app initiate the “exit” and not the “enter” delay timer when switching from “Away” to “Home”? This little detail isn’t a deal breaker, an annoyance at best. But unless I’m doing something wrong (quite possibly), maybe this needs to be looked at.

Thanks for any help you may offer on these matters.

Best regards.

Hi @MayRoll. This is the intended behavior. Whenever the Entry or Exit Delay is initiated on the Ring Alarm, it will need to be Disarmed before it can be changed from Away to Home Mode. This applies to both the Keypad and the Ring App. For example, if the system is armed on Away Mode and you open a door labeled as a Main Door, the Entry Delay will be initiated. This is to allow you enough time to get to the Keypad to disarm the system. In this Entry Delay, it cannot be swapped straight to Home Mode, as you will need to disarm the system first. The same goes for in the Ring App once the Entry Delay is triggered. You can read more about Entry and Exit Delays and how to adjust the times for these in our Help Center Article here. I hope this helps clear things up! :slight_smile:

Okay, I see what they did there. I just signed up for professional monitoring today and now understand about the duress code. This explains why disarm is the only option during a delay timer. I can still accomplish what I orginally wanted to do by using the app (only from Away to Home, though) just before I enter to automate my entrance. Although I see the benefit of initiating an entrance delay and just use the keypad.

On a side note, it must be difficult for you to explain why things are done a certain way without scaring the bejeebers out them.

Cheers for the help.

1 Like