Still Chirps

In the setting for modes, I have disabled chirps for the disarmed mode.

However, the base station keeps chirping and I get a push notification whenever I close the front door. The sensor at that door flashes red after the door closes.

Using the back door does not result in a chirp or push. It flashes green when I open door and does nothing when I close it.

Can anyone tell me how to get the front door sensor to quit setting off a chirp and push?

@BFC wrote:

In the setting for modes, I have disabled chirps for the disarmed mode.

However, the base station keeps chirping and I get a push notification whenever I close the front door. The sensor at that door flashes red after the door closes.

Using the back door does not result in a chirp or push. It flashes green when I open door and does nothing when I close it.

Can anyone tell me how to get the front door sensor to quit setting off a chirp and push?

@BFC, you said, “In the setting for modes, I have disabled chirps for the disarmed mode.” You are mixing ‘apples & oranges’ because the Modes do not disable chirps.

The three Modes, **Disarmed, Home, ** and Away, are designed so you can set which sensors are used and not used to trigger the alarm, and also control which cameras are active/inactive too. From main-menu select “Devices” > select “Alarm Base Station” > and then select the specific sensor, and then select “Mode Settings.” There you can toggle ON or OFF if you want this sensor will be active, and which sensor trigger the intrusion alarm in either the Home or Away Modes.

But if all you are looking for is control over receiving a text-type Notification Alert ‘push’ and/or an Alert-Sound Chirps to your smart-phone and alarm devices, you can do always do that, regardless of what alarm mode you are in.

Tocontrol a ‘pushed’ text-notification on a sensor; from main-menu select “Devices” > select Alarm Base Station > and then select the specific sensor that you want to monitor. Toggle ON or OFF the “Motion Alert” (for motion-sensors and cameras) and “Open Alert” or “Closed Alert” (for contact-sensors) for each device.

To control an audible sound, select “Chirp Tones” from that same page and pick a Chirp Tone which you’ll hear it on your phone. Notice one of your chirp sound selections is “Silent” for when you do not want any chirp at all. If you are logged onto your phone app as the “Owner”, the same Chirp sound choice will also be heard from the Keypad and Alarm Base Station. Besides being able to adjust the volume of the Alert-tone chirps on your phone, you can also adjust these volumes on your alarm devices; Devices > Alarm Base Station or Keypads > then select for the base station and/or keypad and select Audio Settings to adjust the volume.

As for the “flashing” light on your sensors, you can choose whether you want or don’t want the green LED. Go to that device setting, and select “LED Setting” and then toggle “Light” ON or OFF.

Check all of these settings and tailor them to your liking. I hope this is helpful to you :slight_smile:

It ends up the opening and closing was setting off a chirp because the system thought the door sensor was being tampered with. A call to support led to some random troubleshooting. Taking the cover off the sensor and putting it back on ended up solving the problem.

1 Like

@BFC wrote:

It ends up the opening and closing was setting off a chirp because the system thought the door sensor was being tampered with. A call to support led to some random troubleshooting. Taking the cover off the sensor and putting it back on ended up solving the problem.

@BFC ,

Ahhhhhhhhh . . . . well I’m happy to hear that you got it solved! I’m surprised that if the contact-sensor thought it was tampered with, why didn’t the device notify you, because it should have. Funny how sometimes the fix is so simple. :slight_smile:

@BFC wrote:

Boone then wrote:

@BFC ,

Ahhhhhhhhh . . . . well I’m happy to hear that you got it solved! **I’m surprised that if the contact-sensor thought it was tampered with, why didn’t the device notify you, because it should have. ** Funny how sometimes the fix is so simple.

@BFC ,

I kept wondering why you didn’t receive a tampered alert. You should probably check your “Alarm Alert” settings to ensure you receive tamper alerts, which might have accidentally changed.

Main menu > Settings > Alarm Alerts > can check your all your toggled “Email” and/or “Push” alarm alerts. There is a “Device Tampered” toggle in the Devices section. You can change any toggled selection and then tap “Save” to finish. :slight_smile: