Smoke/CO2 Listener - does it work with Range Extender?

I have a 3-story house with the base unit on the 1st floor, and there is a kitchen in an apartment on the 3rd floor, where I would like to put the range exteder and a smoke/CO2 listener. I know the range extender doesn’t work for the Ring doorbell, but does it work for the smoke/CO2 listener? Thank you.

Good question, @stheobald! As the Ring Smoke/ Co Listener connects via communication with the Alarm Base Station, much like the other Alarm devices, thus it can certainly use the signal from the Range Extender. The Range Extender acts as an extension of the zwave network, and will help for connection. Keep in mind, a kitchen is a location with many interferences (appliances), so placement will be key. Check out our help center article for more information about zwave, and the Range Extender manual for more information on connection. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you

I have one additional related question. If I have my alarm set to Disarmed, will any trigger of the smoke/CO2 listener still alert me/fire responders? Thank you.

Hi @stheobald! Jumping in for Marley here! Yes, you’re Smoke/CO Listener will alert the appropriate authorities, regardless of what mode you are in! So rest assured, you’re always protected!