Silent base alarm

Is it possible to send a breech alert to my smartphone without sounding the base unit alarm?

Hi @theweav. At this time, there is not a way to have the Ring Alarm be silently triggered. When a sensor is tripped while the system is armed, the Base Station’s siren will play. Since we value the feedback we receive, we’ve created aFeature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

I bought this system after speaking with a Ring sales rep and a Ring support rep. They both assured me I could do this in the base units settings. I was also told that I could adjust the alarm’s volumn in the base units settings, again not accurate. Before buying this system I shopped around for these features and was told they were not available on their systems, so I bought the Ring security system. Sales and Support should be made aware this.

@theweav You do have the ability to adjust the volume on the Base Station, but it is for the chirp tones that are played with a door is opened, for example, rather than for the siren itself. You of course can have the system disarmed and can still receive push notifications if a Contact Sensor is opened or if a Motion Detector detects motion, but it would not be considered a silent alarm.

1 Like

Thanks, good to know

1 Like