cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent Alarm

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Silent Alarm

Is there a way to shut off the Siren, in Armed Mode, and have the system use alternate notifications? I want to install the system using only the Camera's, Door and Window Sensors, so that there is no chance of false notifications, But I do not want to have an audible alarm other than through Alexa or my mobile devices / laptop.... I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to arm the system, shut off the Siren and have the warning done through Echo Devices, Ring: Chime Pro and Mobile Notifications ONLY....

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Silent Alarm

@MsMorganna698 While there is not a way to disable the siren on the Base Station, you can leave it in a Disarmed state and enable the alerts on each sensor. This will allow you to be notified of a door opening or closing, or if motion is detected, without the alarm actually triggering. You can enable alerts for each sensor in the Ring App > Main Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station. From there, you can tap on each Contact Sensor and Motion Detector to enable the alerts for the desired sensors. 

Curious and want to learn more about the Community? Visit our Community 101 - New Member Checklist here.