Silence exit delay and armed announcement on demand

@Marley_Ring wrote:

As of right now there is no silent/ snooze feature for the audible indicators for arming, delays, or state changes. The best solution would be to manually decrease the volume completely on both the Base Station and Keypad through the application. This can be reversed just as easily during the times when audio is desired.

I’m not sure how to better clarify this request, because yet again your suggestion will inevitably leave the alarm on silent or arm with full volume when I inevitably forget to change the volume slider…

Don’t forget the fact of how tedeous this work around is when a much simpler solution would be to make use of the check and/or clear buttons that users could press while arming from the keypad. Additionally, a long press option could be implimented into the app, so when I long press the “home” arming button I can get an option to silently arm the system.

Silent arming was quite a standard feature on traditional home alarm systems from back 10-20 years ago, I’m shocked this seems to be such a unique request to y’all.

@SonofLiberty82 wrote:

Currently, I have my system to set instantly so it doesn’t make much noise, but I have to do it through the app, otherwise I cannot set and exit.

I have also wanted to suggest that with this silent arming, we could actually use the exit delay for arming “home” mode at the keypad while walking out the door instead of needing to pull up the app after we leave the house, which I sometimes forget to do and the Mrs gets upset I left her home alone without arming the system.

5 Likes