Silence exit delay and armed announcement on demand

I would also like this feature.

6 Likes

I would love a silent delay arming option.

4 Likes

I finally figured out why the Ring system does not have the silent exit delay feature.

Just look at some of the responses to this thread and you will understand too. Some people have no concept of logical functionality and it seems some of those people are in Ring security product development. Don’t mean to sound offensive, but good gosh, this is a feature my 30 year old alarm system had and worked like a charm. This seems even easier to implement because it is likely all software control.

Wow… 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don’t!

7 Likes

It also appears that Ring doesn’t understand. We want SILENT alarm and DELAYED activation ON-DEMAND.

4 Likes

While manually changing volume works - and is what I have to do - it’s a royal pain. A “quiet set” option would be perfect, a long-press maybe in the app, or at least the ability to create a routine which lowers volume, sets alarm, resets volume. Even turning off the voice independently of beeps would be better.

And the countdown chime needs refining, it’s easy to miss even on high volume. I switched from SimpliSafe, it’s chime was crystal clear around the house during a countdown. Now we regularly have accidental alarms from not hearing the countdown.

3 Likes

@Tomalt60 Keep dreaming! You can see its been almost a year and even after serveral other product/app updaets from Ring, they haven’t paid this any attention. Its just unbelievable since its the single most annoying thing about the product.

I really believe a lot of ppl who buy into Ring have no experience with other alarm systems (such as my 30 year old system) that handled this properly. So to these consumers… thats just how it works.

I really wish someone from Ring would “chime in” on this topic and explain why a simple software change can’t deliver the fix for this…

2 Likes

Please listen to your customers and make an option to arm the system silently at night so not to wake up the entire house. I understand you can turn the volume all the way down, but that is very cumbersome. It would be best if you could have preset “quiet hours” or some other easily accessible option to arm silently. Thank you.

4 Likes

Why has this not been made yet?? It seems like such a simple thing to integrate into this “smart” system. My old alarm system had it.

1 Like

@adamsp the answer to your question is quite simple. The user-base does not demand it. Your voice, mine and the few other people who have chimed in on this thread is not enough to cause any change. One of my favorite quotes is "if everyone was capable of genius ideas, there who be no such thing as ‘genius’ ".

This of course is not a genius idea, as you and I have both had alarm systems, made since the 1990s with the feature we ask for. The point is that until decision makers within Ring get the conviction to do something about it, or the users make a bigger stink about it, most users will just accept it as is like sheep and Ring keeps on trucking.

It sure is annoying when you see the software updates they make, many of which I doubt most people even use, yet a simple annoying thing like this can’t get done. Simply frustrating. … …

@mmediaman Get the hell out of here with your philosophy.

This a feature request, and the only way for it to gain traction is to ask for it.

2 Likes

@kayakcrazy11 The feature has been requested for well over a year. If the hat fits then wear it.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! We appreciate all of your feedback. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

In the meantime, please review our Community Guidelines and remember to be neighborly in posts/ comments. This will help to ensure we are making the Community the best experience for everyone. :slight_smile:

@mmediaman wrote:

@adamsp the answer to your question is quite simple. The user-base does not demand it. Your voice, mine and the few other people who have chimed in on this thread is not enough to cause any change. . . . The point is that until decision makers within Ring get the conviction to do something about it, or the users make a bigger stink about it . . .

@TechGuy42
@SonofLiberty82
@ghvz1
@KayakCrazy11
@AFlo
@Duggles
@mmediaman
@Sjskuo
@Tomalt60
@djbranford
@adamsp
, and to others that read this thread post,

As
@Marley_Ring
stated, “We appreciate all of your feedback. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board__.

Let your “Thumbs Up” be your vote for a Silent Exit Delay method! Different than this Ring Alarm forum thread, now Ring Teams notices Feature Request Board with higher Thumbs Up numbers, and therefore are more likely incorporate the request. I apologize if I missed some of very similar posts on this Feature Board, for Silent alarm features, and I did not link to this topic already posted in other non-Feature Request Board areas (too many). But if you think this feature is something you want , the CLICK ON EACH LINK below and THEN CLICK THE THUMBS UP icon of the submitting post author. Because many of the below links have so few to none Thumbs Ups votes, so you can help make your Kudo Vote be heard! ?

Submitted by @Hallsie

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/2-Basic-Alarm-Features-that-all-Traditional-Alarms-Have/idi-p/44771

Submitted by @Bf109z

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Option-to-skip-or-silence-exit-delay-on-stay-mode/idi-p/31929

Submitted by @Formula305 (comment by @EdSudit )

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Silent-arm-and-disarm/idi-p/28752

Submitted by @Lankan

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Feature-to-allow-instant-away-mode/idi-p/51579

6 Likes

Thanks for pulling all of those links together @Boone. You see even with the request facility, enough people still don’t vote. Even if the idea is the most awesome idea, if people don’t know about it to vote, it goes nowhere. Wonder if there is an effective way to poll people without being borthersome… Ought to be a better way to measure sentiment.

2 Likes

@TechGuy42
@SonofLiberty82
@ghvz1
@KayakCrazy11
@AFlo
@Duggles
@mmediaman
@Sjskuo
@Tomalt60
@djbranford
@adamsp
, **@miketemm , **
@Joefish
** , **
@Hallsie
** , **
@Blbrown
** , ** and to others that read this thread post,

Let your “Thumbs Up” be your vote for a Silent Exit Delay method! Different than this Ring Alarm forum thread, now Ring Teams notices Feature Request Board with higher Thumbs Up numbers, and therefore are more likely incorporate the request. I apologize if I missed some of very similar posts on this Feature Board, for Silent alarm features, and I did not link to this topic already posted in other non-Feature Request Board areas (too many). But if you think this feature is something you want , the CLICK ON EACH LINK below and THEN CLICK THE THUMBS UP icon of the submitting post author. Because many of the below links have so few to none Thumbs Ups votes, so you can help make your Kudo Vote be heard! ?

Dang, I knew I would accidentally miss some similar posts on the Feature Board for Silent alarm features, so I’ve added the “Quick Exit” link of miketemm too.

**Submitted by @miketemm **

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Quick-Exit/idi-p/43973

Submitted by @Hallsie

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/2-Basic-Alarm-Features-that-all-Traditional-Alarms-Have/idi-p/44771

Submitted by @Bf109z

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Option-to-skip-or-silence-exit-delay-on-stay-mode/idi-p/31929

Submitted by @Formula305 (comment by @EdSudit )

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Silent-arm-and-disarm/idi-p/28752

Submitted by @Lankan

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Feature-to-allow-instant-away-mode/idi-p/51579

4 Likes

As a new Ring customer this is the biggest issue I’m having with the system. As everyone else has already mentioned, I’ve had a few other alarm systems in the past and they all had a way to silence the exit delay sounds.

Not sure what good it’ll do, but I’ve gone and thumbs upped all of the feature request posts and commented to each of them in hopes of improving visibility to the Ring product development team.

I really hope they make this a priority in the next release because it’s driving my crazy not being able to silence quickly and on demand.

5 Likes

This is such a basic feature on most professional alarm systems - “Quiet Exit”. My Honeywell and IDT systems both had it. I scratch my head as to why Ring cannot/will not implement this simple addition to their product. And also why isnt there a “Quiet Arm”? Same deal! Frustrating to wake people up in the middle of the night to go out or to arm the system!

Should be simple change to the programming to add a “long hold” on the Stay button and it would let you open any Primary door for 30 seconds with out an alarm or without restarting the arming process. Or to start a “Quiet Arm”.

Come’on Ring!!!

3 Likes

Add me to the list. I’m a new Ring customer and so far am loving it compared to ADT, but there are a few little things missing I’d like to see, and the quiet exit delay for Home mode is definitely one of them!

3 Likes

Add me to the list I have a dog that wakes up when he put the alarm on to go to bed and wakes him in the morning. Without the notification to say “home and armed” it would be brilliant.

2 Likes

This is a basic alarm feature. Surprised ring hasn’t implemented this.

1 Like