Setting Room Location for Retrofit Kit and Connected Sensors has bugsr

Unfortunately, this is still an issue. Will reach out to support but bummed to see this hasn’t been fixed yet.

1 Like

I also have the same issue, what’s the fix here?

Actually, changing on the website fixed the issue for me

Hello,

I just checked the web interface again to see if the problem is solved and it is NOT. Changing the Retrofit Kit location still changes ALL of the sensor locations and vice versa.

Could you double check your configuration?

Kevin

Just set up the retro fit kit and I am also having the issue with the room names. Please fix this bug!!!

The App still has the problem but i was able to set the locations using the website. Once set correctly using the website, i was able to see the correct locations on the App.

I just checked the web interface again to see if the problem is solved and it is NOT. Changing the Retrofit Kit location still changes ALL of the sensor locations associated with that kit and vice versa. I have two retrofit kits in the basement, when I set one of them to “Basement” every associated sensor is also changed to “Basement”.

Could you double check your configuration? Are you sure the web interface worked for you?

I’m also still having this issue.

Wow, this was reported in January and no fix yet? I have 2 ring video devices and am considering getting the ring alarm and retrofit kit but may hold off until bugs are fixed.

Installed the Retrofit kit and I am having the same issue as well. However, I was able to login at ring.com and change the rooms.

Appears assigning rooms on the retrofit kit has been an issue for almost a year. Also the integration with Google Home has been an issue for almost a year. Why have these not been fixed? Seem like Bezos has enough money for one good programmer.

very frustrating that this keep changing all the sensors rooms. even after changing on the website a day or two later they change back to the wrong room and i have to sit and redo all the sensors connected to the retrofit box! Please fix!!!

Still happening in December 2020. Even when assigning Room names via the website (still the only way to set them individually) the Retrofit unit changes to whatever the last device Room was set to. I haven’t noticed the Rooms changing by themselves, but I did experience some changes I thought I might have caused accidentally. I will now pay closer attention to watch for unsolicited.

Another job for that new programmer hire: Fix the website page so that when selecting a device from a list that goes beyond the bottom of the first screen, the right side of the page displays the selected device (not blank space) needing to scroll all the way back up to the top. AND locate the [Save] button where it can be seen without scrolling back down to the bottom of the blank space again. Does anyone actually check these page layouts?!?

1 Like

Still happening in February 2021

Same issue here. Thought I was crazy.

I worked on this for hours. You cannot name the individual zones. Every zone is named the same location as the Retrofit fit. It’s frustrating to say the least and hope it gets fixed

1 Like

Hey neighbors! Thank you for continuing to provide feedback about this concern that you see when managing the room location for your retrofit kit. At this time, whenever you change the name for a room on your Retrofit Kit’s system, it will update the name of the room for all zones to be the same. We are always looking for ways to improve the way you look at your devices in the app, so please know that we have passed on this feedback to the appropriate teams. We appreciate this suggestion and are working on enabling this in the future.

In the meantime, we recommend creating a feature request for this feature so that we can capture an idea of other neighbor’s interest in this added feature for more customization to your system. Feel free to add this request to our Feature Request board, as this will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here to help with prioritization, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

I just installed my Retrofit Kit yesterday and as excited as I was to get it running, I was very disappointed in the product knowing that it basically makes the entire “Room Assignment” feature completely unuseable. I have to mark all my zones (and the Retrofit Kit) as “Room Unassigned”. It’s such a simple feature to fix as well but seeing as how it’s been open for nearly a year and a half, I wonder if it will ever be fixed. It’s very disappointing as it makes the whole product feel rather lower-end when the Ring Engineering team can’t even fix such a simple bug like this.

I just got a new Ring system with the Retrofit kit and was running into this issue. Pretty annoying and no resolution for over a year? Gotta be kidding me and why do they keep repeating the same response to open a feature request? This is obviously a bug not a missing feature. This kept annoying the hell out of me trying to setup the zones. It’s annoying if the push notifications on the phone say the same room for all zones.

For now I assigned the right rooms to each of the zones and the Retrofit Kit for now is in the wrong room. Better this way, then all the zones being in the wrong room. At the moment I can’t even change rooms on the website. It’s saying that an error occurred when loading the device information. I can only edit the rooms in the app, so the suggestion they made is the same BS.

For crying out loud, fix it already!

I’ve got a similar yet different problem. I can assign each room the correct name but then when I go back (or get a notification), the assigned zones have been switched around to different room names. (Kitchen door now says Laundry room, etc).

Please help Ring!