Sensor Battery Issue

Hello,
I recently purchased some window sensors to add to my system. After 3 weeks I have had to replace the batteries twice on one of the sensors. This sensor gets used about once a week . Is there a way to reset the sensor or some other type of fix. This is a new smaller version sensor.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hey @Tommyboy1. Could you try removing the Contact Sensor, factory resetting it and then re-adding it to your system? You can remove the sensor by going into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Contact Sensor to remove > Gear icon at the top right > Advanced Options > Remove device (can do remove failed device if this fails). Then please follow this Help Center Article here to learn more about how to factory reset the sensor. Once reset, re-add it and monitor it from there.

If you find the sensor is still draining the battery within a month’s time, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.