Seeing images of past events:

We had an incident whereas someone went in and unplugged our WiFi in our condo unit. It triggered it going in and moving around, however I can’t see who it was now on my ring app. And I’d REALLY like to know who was trespassing in our unit.

Sorry to hear about this @Icejunky! As long as your Camera was connected to the network long enough to detect and record the motion event, you should have an event available for review in your Ring app. This will also depend on subscription, of course, as a Protect Plan is needed to view recordings. Try checking the event history in your Ring app, or by logging in via web browser at Ring.com to see if there is a video available of this event. Additionally, depending on your device and Ring app settings, your timeline view might have snapshots available as well. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I do see the history and have attached it. My trial did run out without my knowledge but I did renew it. Would that let me bring the files back up. I really want to know who went in there.

I do see the history and have attached it. My trial did run out without my knowledge but I did renew it. Would that let me bring the files back up. I really want to know who went in there.

Hey @Icejunky, chiming in for Marley! If you have a lapse in your Protect Plan, any previously stored videos and any videos during this time are deleted/not recorded, as there is not a storage plan being paid for to support it. All old videos will be inaccessible, even on our side of things. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused!

Dang, that BIG TIME stinks. You should have a policy in place whereas lapsed accounts images and videos be kept for 60 days, and then visible again once the account is renewed or brought current. It’s very disheartening to know someone went in there and unplugged my wifi and now I don’t know who :frowning:

@Icejunky I totally understand where you are coming from and completely agree with you. I will make sure your feedback is heard and passed onto the appropriate teams. We want to always ensure our neighbors are having the best experience possible, and again I apologize that this happened to you. I hope you and your family stays safe and at least now you are set and secure for future!

1 Like