Schlage lock loses functionality after changing batteries

I just changed the batteries in my Schlage deadbolt which is connected to Ring. When I manually lock/unlock it, I am getting notifications from Ring and I see this in the event history. It registers whether I turn the lock by hand or use the keypad. Meanwhile, both Ring and Alexa report the correct locked/unlocked state of the deadbolt.

The problem is I have lost control of the lock. I cannot lock/unlock from the app and I cannot add users.

It seems like I have problems like this every time I change the batteries and then I have to jump through 100 hoops to get it working again. I have two questions:

1. Should this happen every time I replace the batteries? If not, how do I prevent it from happening.

2. When this happens, what is the easiest way to get it working again? I can’t imagine removing and adding the lock from scratch (what I’ve had to do in the past) is required every time the batteries are changed. If so, this is just one more way Ring sucks :frowning:

I have a connected Yale lock (not connected to Ring though) and I can change batteries all day long without any connectivity problems.

Hi @uscpsycho. Since you have run into this concern before, would you mind reaching out to our support team directly? They’ll be able to look at the device on your account to see why it is not connecting, as well as provide more advanced troubleshooting support to isolate what’s causing this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Feel free to report back on what our support team suggests, as it can help others with similar questions or concerns. :slight_smile:

I am having the same problem. What was the conclusion?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.